• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

NOOB--86' Volvo 240 DL Project Thread

The first owner of my car has shift knob and OD deteriorating an ripping so I tried replacing it with my first visit to the yard.
What I just did was slice a very thin line in the knob so it can open up. Now mine is loose an spins around the gearing stick.

Dude I have some free comandoos for you to play with....left over from restoring my gt bumpers. There isn't much rubber left over but you can play with them to see how you like them.otherwise I'm gonna recycle them for $6.15

Edit: recycle for beer

auto shifter: remove OD button, disconnect wires, carefully stuff wires as far in as you can. then grab the knob and yank on it with all the might you have, as hard as you effin' can. Beware that the little push-down button will come flying off.

putting it back together: put foam big part on the shaft, run the OD wires through and over to the button and hook that up. put the spring down in place, set the button on top and smash it down with your fist.

auto shifter: remove OD button, disconnect wires, carefully stuff wires as far in as you can. then grab the knob and yank on it with all the might you have, as hard as you effin' can. Beware that the little push-down button will come flying offput a zip-lock bag over the shifter BEFORE you pull it off, then the pieces won't fly!.

putting it back together: put foam big part on the shaft, run the OD wires through and over to the button and hook that up. put the spring down in place, set the button on top and smash it down with your fist.

:)

Having my fingers crossed---
Want to get the dog gate and some things sold so I have money in my pocket when I hit a yard or two.
I have this environmental class that I will be filming air pollution via vehicle emissions.
I hope one day I find a Turbo in the yard :eek: needz the suspension upgraded

740 egg crate or all out 240 Eggcrate?
So is it ok to keep the license plate up...I don't think a TBer jerking off at my window would be pleasant...he will disturb the tenants :-P

740 egg crate or all out 240 Eggcrate?
So is it ok to keep the license plate up...I don't think a TBer jerking off at my window would be pleasant...he will disturb the tenants :-P

Your young meat is worth more to a pervert than our beer'd out old bodies.

the question is....who is the pervert roaming TB grounds to be looking at my pics...

this place is full of perverts...luckily theres enough 242 builds for them to masturbate to....I think youre safe for now....

Back