• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Door locks question..?

VolvoLatAm

My car requires keys to unlock and lock. However, if all of the doors are unlocked--from the inside I can lock all of them by pressing down my driver's side lock like a vacuum or something? Haven't checked if I can do it with the key yet in the door, but I assume so... I have no electrical locking system.

Last edited:
I have no electrical locking system

In the 1982 240 you've mentioned? You might.
It won't have a separate lock/unlock switch like more modern cars...

The owner's manual says:

Central lock
Certain models are equipped with a central lock system. This means the lock on the driver's door automatically controls the locks on the other doors (including the tailgate on the wagon model).

It the driver's door is locked or unlocked from the outside using the key, the other doors will automatically be locked or unlocked.

To lock/unlock the car by using the lock button on the inside of the driver's door, push/pull gently to lock/unlock only the driver's door, or slightly harder to lock/unlock all the doors. Check the action of the buttons on the other doors to ensure their correct function (lock/unlock).

Central locking on my 88 765 requires key to lock/unlock drivers door from outside, as well as all the doors. Thinking the doors can be locked/unlocked from inside the car with the driver door shut by pressing the button down. This was a safety feature to prevent people from locking the keys in the car.

Back