• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Orange 75 242 V8 Swap

Jeff is an awesome guy. Met him back in 2009 at the Davis meet, back when he had just finished his 242. Nice to see he's sullying his hands with old Volvos again :lol:

Jeff is an awesome guy. Met him back in 2009 at the Davis meet, back when he had just finished his 242. Nice to see he's sullying his hands with old Volvos again :lol:

He actually has a 142 long term project that he's hoping to start soon.
If it's half the car he's described, it's going to put his old black 242 to shame.

So great. I saw a photo of this on Superbeetles Instagram this morning. Really want to do this someday with my 77 242, but with a t56. Excited to see how this all turns out.

So great. I saw a photo of this on Superbeetles Instagram this morning. Really want to do this someday with my 77 242, but with a t56. Excited to see how this all turns out.

I hope to someday swap to a T56, but it was too cost prohibitive right now. That'll be a next wave of the project kind of thing. For now, I want to get it running and driving well, work out the brakes, suspension, and get the HVAC all working. A little bit of body and paint, an interior restoration... Basically just make it a really nice, clean, reliable and comfortable family car. And then maybe I'll get to the T56.

It's going to take me a while. LOL

your fault for selling it to hippies in the first place

I wasn't referring to my old yellow 145, but rather the inevitable fate of your black 242.

19598.jpg

:rofl:
it's called the butcher shop for a reason. I would cut up my 245 before that

back on topic. When do you expect it to be driving ?

Davis is my goal. Hopefully, I'll get it together long enough before then that I can actually get it ready for the drive to Davis. With Jeff doing all the hard stuff, I think that's totally possible.

Lifes Good Racing had an open house this past weekend, and I got some fresh pics of the car.

AS1ECILl.jpg

A big bag of accessory relocation brackets

JCFFkogl.jpg

Final accessory locations

kjRsdFll.jpg

View from underneath

CGZl5fXl.jpg

yULghu8l.jpg

It really doesn't fit in at the shop at all, but it got a lot of attention at the open house this weekend!

Here are a few other LS swapped cars that Jeff also worked on:

ZRkHTyVl.jpg

Red Camaro Stock Car, running in the US Touring Car Series.

HgSt84ll.jpg

kAnZF6Zl.jpg

White Datsun 1200 "Mr. White" street race car.

OSeODHPl.jpg

1953 Plymouth Cranbrook, bagged sleeper/cruiser

Back