• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Oil Cooler Return Line - damaged

Tox_Slaughter

Brick Lover
84 244 Turbo - Stock Kjet

Hello Everyone,

Looking for feedback. Had a 5 bar oil pressure gauge pegged right that needed some troubleshooting. I was in the process of removing the oil pressure sender and preparing run a test with an oil pressure tester gauge. I'm usually very good at removing the negative battery cable lead but after removing the alternator I made an error leaving the battery connected and the positive cable grounded to the return line and sparked. Negative was off the battery post while removing the alternator but then I started the car with the sender hooked up. However, then I left the negative terminal hooked up while I was removing the sender. Bad move. Can't believe I made that mistake.

Anyway after getting the oil pressure tester connected in the place of the sender I began getting oil spray out of the cooler line. BTW I'm getting 4 bars at idle but need further testing.

Question - what do you recommend to fix the oil cooler line? JB Weld or obtain a used line? I was thinking of running a hose over it but this line has couplings. Thinking JB Weld or another way to patch the line without restricting oil flow. Maybe drain the cooler first.

What a damn mess!

Attachments

• Oil Cooler Return line_resized.jpg
    Oil Cooler Return line_resized.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 63
You could put a piece of tubing over it as a short term fix. Just make sure it's rated for oil and for at least 5 bars and you'll be fine.

Both metal lines are still available. Which one is it?

GR-33507.jpg

Okay found a new OEM pipe online for $58 plus a couple of washers and the bolt. Good lesson to disconnect the negative post to the battery.

Thanks!

Part Number: 1317000

Back