• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Wiring up the fuel pump

WinXis

So, my first big project. I'm putting a B230FK into my 145. I already made the transmount, engine mounts, driveshaft etc.

But now i'm busy doing the wiring. The engine is out of a 1997 940, and the loom i'm using is out of a 1991 240. Following the LH2.4 conversion thread i figured out most of the connectors and stuff. Placed white V70 injectors since the 240 loom doesnt have a resistorpack for the injectors. Cut out some of the wires that i wont need, lenghtened the MAF wiring.

But now for the tricky part. I found the fuel pump relay plug. But now i'm wondering how would i go about wiring up the fuel pump? Inside the cabin I have an 11 pole plug (1991 harness) from which I need 5 wires to get the engine running. But since the 145 doesnt have a fuel pump we retrofitted a 240 fuelpump. Does anyone have a diagram of how i would go about wiring the fuelpump. Or can someone tell me how this would be done?

lxMTvea.jpg

This is the plug that's inside the car.

1O9lUE1.jpg

And i reckon this would be the fuel pump plug (to my understanding i can use the 940 fuel pump relay?)

Thanks in advance

In your first picture, it looks like you have the white fuel pump relay plugged in. It needs to stay plugged in. To run the fuel pump (or pumps), you want to wire to the fat yellow/red wire in the 11-pin connector.

Once the ECU senses the engine is spinning (cranking or running), it turns on the white fuel pump relay, which connects that fat yellow/red wire to the main +12v battery power (big red wires in harness). You should probably run the yellow/red wire through a fuse before going to the pumps (but the 240s only have a fuse on the main +12v battery power and the tank pump, but not the main under-car pump).

I understand that. The fuel pump relay is plugged in. But if I understand correctly the ECU primes the pump and also signals the pump to turn on? So on the white plug, one of the wires is for the fuel pump, correct?

Once the ECU senses the engine is spinning (cranking or running), it turns on the white fuel pump relay, which connects that fat yellow/red wire to the main +12v battery power (big red wires in harness). You should probably run the yellow/red wire through a fuse before going to the pumps (but the 240s only have a fuse on the main +12v battery power and the tank pump, but not the main under-car pump).

:oogle:

slanted or upright the engine?

good luck, Kay

don't forget the 97 immo-function:blah:

Last edited:
Slanted engine, we are using the m90 trans so that's the only option we had. Also we are using a 240 wiring loom. Will we have a problem with the immobilizer? Since the 940 loom had an immobilizer. But the 240 doesnt

No start without the immo and the right key.
The immo is connected with the ECU

you will solve this problem by changing the ECU to a ECU till 1995 or do a swap of the chip.
If you post the number of the ECU (and EZK) I'm (and other too) able to send you more details.

would like to see pics of the engine mounts. did you go to the crossmember or to the frame rails?

good luck, Kay

No start without the immo and the right key.
The immo is connected with the ECU

you will solve this problem by changing the ECU to a ECU till 1995 or do a swap of the chip.
If you post the number of the ECU (and EZK) I'm (and other too) able to send you more details.

would like to see pics of the engine mounts. did you go to the crossmember or to the frame rails?

good luck, Kay

That would be a problem because the car is already gone. And there is no immobilizer on the 240 loom
ECU p.n. is: 0 280 000 984
Ezk p.n. is: 0 227 400 148

I will make some pictures of the engine mounts. We went to the crossmember

Thank you, we are using the Buchka wasted spark conversion. quite simple, and due to space this is easier to fit than the dizzy.

Only problem i'm having right now is how to wire up the white 11 pin plug, i assume that is the source for all the power to the ecu and the fuelpump relay? I know i need 5 wires to get it working thanks to the lh2.4 conversion page. But since this is not a 240 its not very clear to me where the 2 yellow-red wires should go, i assume the 2 red wires are 12v+, blue wire is 12v switched?

Only one wire is power IN to the entire system. On a 240 it's from that fused wire at the battery. I would just copy that. A nice hot B+ is good to have.

Then, if you look at a diagram, there is power OUT of that relay to the fuel pumps.

Ok here is the diagram. Look at fuel pump relay (217). Alls you gotta do here is juice up the RED wire from the battery and your LH will have B+. Then power comes OUT of the relay, goes over to your white connector and will need to feed the fuel pumps.

Last edited:
Got it! 2 red wires needed to be connected to the battery, blue wire is 12v switched, and the 2 yellow/red wires were for the fuel pumps (thick one main pump, small one intank pump). That's it. She runs!

Back