• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

142 GT light bracket assembly

71142volvo

Happy new year everyone!

I'm looking for instructions or directions for installing the Volvo GT light brackets. I've figured out the top plate, I need help with the lower box type piece. A short description or picture please.

Thanks

Last edited:
I suggest that you try a message to user Hiperfauto or planetman. They may be able to advise on how its done.

High Performance Auto has a web site (which I always have trouble finding); but, it seems like a lot of the vintage Volvo parts that they have don't get listed on the site. They might have a light set which can be used for reference.

The bracket underneath is difficult to figure out, but the gap is for where the wire harness runs along the underside of the radiator support. The small tabs go on the engine side, and hook around a small edge/lip.
I'll see if I can get a photo, but its difficult with the grill in.

might be able to make it out here - can just see the "gap" in the bracket that the wires run through.

00909_hRe9hUXsKLn_1200x900.jpg

HEY Dangerkitty!!

Happy new year man! How have you been? Are you still riding or has the weather hit you yet?

Thanks for the pic! So the underneath bracket attaches to the top plate and it slides back and forth for light position....is that right?

sort of, bolt drops down through upper bracket and nut fits into slot inside lower bracket.
You can then move/slide the bolt - which is attached to the fog light - in/out to position it.
So brackets don't move, but bolt slides in groove/slot in upper bracket and lower bracket.
Does that help?

Riding almost every day out here in CA!
Just heading out, but its only 52 degrees.:-(

Edit: Actually, bolt goes all the way through the lower bracket and then through the mounting plate on top of the fog light. But then, yes, you can slide the fog light back and forth.

Last edited:
GT Light bracket

OH OK!!

I have to reconfigure mine a tad because I'm using Marchal lights and the post, I believe is different than the original light. If I bolt the light to the bottom bracket and bolt the top bracket to the bottom through the slot....I should be able to make that work!

Thanks so much! Enjoy your ride! Remember....there's no such thing as bad weather...just bad clothing!

Right, the OEM fog lights actually are designed to mount "upside down", or hang down from above.
When installed, the lettering on the lenses is right side up :-)
The brackets are very sturdy, and kind of over built, but they didn't want the fog lights jiggling about while blasting down bumpy gravel roads...

OH OK!!

I have to reconfigure mine a tad because I'm using Marchal lights and the post, I believe is different than the original light. If I bolt the light to the bottom bracket and bolt the top bracket to the bottom through the slot....I should be able to make that work!

Thanks so much! Enjoy your ride! Remember....there's no such thing as bad weather...just bad clothing!

If you look closely at these repops you can see how the brackets are orientated to each other when installed.
Just that one goes on top of the core support, and the other underneath.

01212_7Srlt5NNcq0_1200x900.jpg

Back