• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

blower motor suddenly working.

niquemarshall

blower motor suddenly not working.

yesterday my ac was functioning just fine, I turn the car off for an hour or so, and when I came back, the blower motor was completely inoperative. nothing at any speed. any idea what can cause this? I've swapped the blowers, resistors and the MCC. still no blower operation at all.

I recently was enlisted to replace the blower motor on a customers car. Everything went well and the motor functioned as it should. I tested it several times before securing the front panel in place. Once it was all buttoned up I tried the motor one more time. It didn't work. :grrr: When I removed the front panel I could see what was the problem. There is one wire that comes from the motor that plugs into the switch harness. It had come off. Funny thing is that I had a feeling that the new wire from the motor was too short to make a good connection. This is the wire with the bullet type end. I still had the old motor and was able to make a jumper wire to make it longer utilizing the old bullet connector. If you recently replaced the motor I would remove the front panel and check for a disconnected wire.

I recently was enlisted to replace the blower motor on a customers car. Everything went well and the motor functioned as it should. I tested it several times before securing the front panel in place. Once it was all buttoned up I tried the motor one more time. It didn't work. :grrr: When I removed the front panel I could see what was the problem. There is one wire that comes from the motor that plugs into the switch harness. It had come off. Funny thing is that I had a feeling that the new wire from the motor was too short to make a good connection. This is the wire with the bullet type end. I still had the old motor and was able to make a jumper wire to make it longer utilizing the old bullet connector. If you recently replaced the motor I would remove the front panel and check for a disconnected wire.

what is this front panel you speak of? my motor only has the prongs with a harness that plugs straight into the back of the motor. where is this bullet type connector located?

You might check your ignition switch, or just try wiggling the key. Mine is wearing out, so that if I leave the key alone after starting the engine, the blower and wipers don't work. Turning the key back just a hair fixes the problem.

You might check your ignition switch, or just try wiggling the key. Mine is wearing out, so that if I leave the key alone after starting the engine, the blower and wipers don't work. Turning the key back just a hair fixes the problem.

yeah I was thinking that at first but I'm getting 12v past the fuse

Ok, what model car do you have? You say you swapped blower motors, again what model car? What is MCC?

Glad you found the problem and thanks for posting back. That's what makes this forum work.

Back