• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Inspiration -- 240 Style (DONT POST YOUR OWN)

First time volvo owner

While I wait for more time, money and parts for my project I like to look through the Volvo gallery I've amassed over the last few years to keep me motivated and inspired to continue forward with trying to make a turd go fast (tuning a Volvo that is). Here's a select few that continually make me want to work on my car and make it better. The "competition" inside my head I guess ;-)

Plus it's a good excuse to post pics of drool-worthy Volvo stuff :)

331.jpg

333.jpg

334.jpg

335.jpg

338.jpg

This one not really, but it cracks me up :rofl:
339.jpg

These ones aren't 240s but whatever:

332.jpg

336.jpg

337.jpg

So let's see the cars that have inspired you. Maybe a car that made you want to get into Volvos in the first place, etc.
Not sure if I'm in the right place, but I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the widest rim/tire I can fit on the rear of my 87 244 is. It's stock.

I don't know whose car is this and if it was ever posted here but I love how it sits and rolls on those Hydras. Huge inspiration how I want mine:

Who knows what size tyres it has? My bet is 225/50R16.

Does anybody have details on this cars exhaust? Is it straight pipe I assume, but looks center mounted?

This is pretty much my goal for my wagon. I have these same Volvo steel wheels, painted black. I plan on adding chrome nuts and possibly trim rings to the wheels. As for the body, I want to paint all my greying trim black, paint all of my chrome trim black, and possibly paint from the base of the windows up in black. Simple, inexpensive, and different. Just how I roll.

240DL_88_1.jpg

so i was casually scrolling through 148 pages of inspiration (admit it, we alle do) and came across the twin turbo viper v10 242 on pag 119/120 ish an remembered i went to gatebil last year and saw it!
pictures were taken with a gopro lookalike
UHQqJic.jpg

Y3nKEeQ.jpg

OXYpp7f.jpg

masABzS.jpg

XGModvd.jpg

QvXm5EA.jpg

7lDvHdi.jpg

8xKJ302.jpg

disclaimer: i know the green one is a 145, but if you change the 1 for a 2 its a 245, and i like 245's

Last edited:
Back in 1981 my dad bought his first volvo 240, I drove that car in college in the early 90s then purchased an 89 when I got my first real job in 1995. Two years later I sold the car to my dad and he still has it with only 78K miles on the odometer. Over the last several years I have start buying upgrades for him at Christmas, etc. Virgo wheels, IPD valve stem covers, IPD Strut braces, a VX3 Camshaft, and IPD sway bar set.

I installed the cam last week and we went for a drive, with 2.5 degrees of advance power still seemed alittle sluggish...altough I an used to alittle higher powered cars. Would it help to advance more???? First gear seems very sluggish off the line.

You should make your own thread for this.

Hey Jack, look at this. Its HIS FATHER'S CAR. :cheers:

Wow did not know the place would be so negative to new members. Yes, I moved on to other cars but still maintain his 240 and 850 turbo. I now have an 87 Callaway Corvette TT, 3 highly modified 90s ZR-1s, a tuned v12 TT Sl600, and my DD is a C32 AMG.

post deleted

Last edited:
Wow did not know the place would be so negative to new members.
It's because you stepped into shlt right inside the door.
This thread has a long history of people not reading or paying attention to what is supposed to be posted in here. Just like you did.
So ignore the responses, post in the correct forum and you'll be fine. Thick skin here is a plus.
Also we can smell BS from a mile away, so don't even bother trying any of that.

Otherwise welcome, there is a lot of Volvo knowledge available here and worth sticking it out.

Back