• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

slow 240's 242 build "briquette"

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2p1ktuYH2XI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Driving to Va Beach Cars & Coffee yesterday. B230FT w. 3" open downpipe. Nothing fancy, just a quick edit.

it is loads of fun to drive, itll light the tires up pretty easily, i still need to crack open the diff housing to make sure its an LSD, im not 100% sure anymore, but ive only ever been around lockers, not LSD and they are pretty different.

oh, and the damn thing wont run, the battery may have bit it, and the charging system seems to have an issue, i would try to fix the charging problem, but i cant get the damn thing to start :grrr:

meh, ill figure it out.

edit, thanks for the video todd, thats a pretty good representation of how loud that thing is on the inside.

no, its loud :lol: thats with all of the windows closed. thats just the interior noise. i have a muffler im just waiting on my bends to show up then ill have a full 3" exhaust.

@banana, yeah it kinda trips me out, i used to read build thread where guys scored 242s for cheap and put later motors, nice rims, turbos, yadda yadda, and i was always mad jelly. now that i have one, i kinda have a hard time believing it, but i do sit around and just stare at it pretty frequently. :lol:

ah the old stock 242 turbo days. that shifter is nicely short!

is no stock :nono:

current mod list:
Motor:
50K mi. b230F+T squirter block.
lh2.2+EZK swap
A cam
.55trim t3 with stock hotside
3" DP (rest of the exhaust en route)
SUPER AWESOME JDM CONE FILTER!!!!!!!!DAWG!

i think i may get a spare head, save up for a better cam, try my hand at porting/polishing, and con my buddy geoff into trying his hand at intake manifolds, and headers :lol:

at this point, the way i see it, im an intake, cam, head work, header and a bigger turbo away from the big league :cool: (well, better EFI and ignition too, unless ostrich hacks 2.2)

this motor (As tested by $500 matt) is good to about 300whp before it starts shattering ring lands on the pistons, so if i can hit that at a low PSI and just hold onto this block till i can afford big boy rods, i should be able to shatter the 300hp barrier.

you'll need some boostus for that. the engine can hold more, ashers done 350 on a b230f+t, and erik 375 on a b230ft. I would like to try for close to 375 on my 16v car on the stock engine.

doing the external stuff like manifolds and ect will prepare the flow for a built engine and srs head. don't forget clutch and trans and all that bollocks too.

yeah i have a t5 adapter plate, i just need clutch trans, DS and so forth :-/
i snapped up one of the last of dale's, i even have a spare bellhousing and clutch fork so i can make it work.

i really want to do some more reading though, because i know the nissan 300zx turbo has a WCT5, but the wrong input shaft, you can get an input shaft off ebay for $45 shipped.
plus the 300zx turbos actually show up in our PNPs pretty frequently. so if i can just swap input shafts, thats what ill go for, cuz the Z trans is stronger than the mustang one anyways (from what ive read)

hmmm what could this be?????
DSC_0397.jpg

maybe it has something to do with this?????
DSC_0398.jpg

gotta get geoff to weld it all up for me, but my carlisle checklist is almost done.
i just cant decide if i should swap the dash before the show, mine is cracked to bits, i have abetter one, but im not sure i feel like actually swapping it.

well, hopefully the exhaust will be going on before carlisle, otherwise i may show up with bleeding ears :lol:

plus i need to refill the trans with redline MTL and hook up the OD and do an oil change on the 780 and throw my non leaky oil cooler in and and and.....fml :lol:

official carlisle list:

Exhaust
OD
heater hoses (slow leak is pissing me off)
seafoam for the fuel system
flush the trans

and just for ****s and giggles i might hook up a better stereo and the oil temp gauge

Last edited:
Got a little something awesome for you from the PNP today. Some might be jealous because it's a Volvo part.
I'll just keep you hanging until I'm able to bring it by your place.

did the mean wasp sting you on the nipple again todd???

:lol: we'll hit pick'n'pull sunday so i can get my.......secret goodies :-D

oh, ps, nice sig pic :lol:

yeah, that surprise was the ****. the bomb.com the bees knees. the ****in awesomest most 80s tastic thing ive ever had......

sweet new rimps??? nope (those are temporary, dont worry :lol:)
DSC_0523.jpg

LOUVERS BITCHES!!!!!!
DSC_0524.jpg

DSC_0527.jpg

auto plas? wtf is auto plas???? this is VOLVO DAWG!
DSC_0526.jpg

yeah so maybe im a little excited right now :lol:

well someday ill stop cobbling things together poorly...:lol: yeah right

my "custom fabbed" lower radiator brackets ripped out the other day shoving the efan into the water pump pulley.
3 of the 4 WP bolts snapped off, i was able to tie the rad back into place with a wire :-P and limp it home.

got the right brackets in there, the car still lives, nothing interesting lately.
ill be working on the AREs soon though, finishing those up and lowering the car a bit more.
then i need to send the DeCarbons off to be revalved.

Back