• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

this damn water pump

I don't see dimensions on that feebay tool. Maybe with dimensions it could work. I don't know if its 2mm center or 200mm center.

What's a 264? :-P

Volvo made a six cylinder diesel with I think technology shared with Volkswagen. The diesel was an upmarket trim.

The only reason I remember all this was reading something back in the day to look for a diesel for all the fancy stuff, then toss the motor and install a Ford 5.0.

Now, after having owned a 765 for a couple of years I would rather have the car without anything that is fancy like power seats and all the other crap that likes to break. Slowly my car is turning into a 745.

How about using/why not use an air impact wrench and the correct 27mm?) impact socket to remove the HB center bolt?

Last edited:
This one:
v5187_1392762203.jpg

From http://www.baumtools.com, search V5187.

Thought I still had the home made tool made to remove that crank bolt but it has disappeared in the ensuing 25 years. It was a 3" section of a 2" diameter high pressure hydraulic pipe notched to fit in the ridges. It was held by a rather large chain wrench wedged under the frame and the 27mm nut turned with about 5' of breaker bar and pipe extension. About the scariest thing I have ever done on a car.

See below for the 5.0 Ford in that 32 year old Diesel body.

Thought I still had the home made tool made to remove that crank bolt but it has disappeared in the ensuing 25 years. It was a 3" section of a 2" diameter high pressure hydraulic pipe notched to fit in the ridges. It was held by a rather large chain wrench wedged under the frame and the 27mm nut turned with about 5' of breaker bar and pipe extension. About the scariest thing I have ever done on a car.

See below for the 5.0 Ford in that 32 year old Diesel body.

Is intriguing for sure. I got a buddy imma show that too. Is it a Ford diesel engine? Havent been able to read link yet

Agree with tintintin, that universal tool worked on my b230f nut which is only 44 ft-lbs plus 60 degrees. Unless everything makes you angry to the point you turn green, there's no way you could hold the ft-lbs you're talking about.

My suggestion; don't spend any more time on the D24: the 4 cylinder versions found in the rabbit, and these 6 cylinder brethren, are not much of an engine. One would have wished that Volvo had engineered a diesel of their own for this application; they probably would have been legendary rather than infamous..

Finally. Buddies at Just Brakes give me a call today. They're holding the pump. I get a call- "hey cailin... we need to remove your engine. But we want your permission cause if you roll up we don't want crazy happening." And they jammed a breaker bar up into my trans clutch. Which they told me after. Makes my eye twitch but it worked.

good luck
d24 + just brakes = cant be good
call me when you need a new drivetrain, i am local

Back