• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Source for machining a 32 spline bore

nathaninwa

The Beloved Oarnge Juice
300+ Club
I'm looking to get a CV companion flange cut or broched for a 32 spline Chevy slip section to help build my new driveshaft. Anyone know of such a service? I called around quite a in the PNW with not much luck

go to oregon drive axle supply in tigard on main streeet they build custom drivelines and driveshafts all the time. they built me some custom cv shafts for my vw using porsche 911 cv's and custom length shafts.

Called oregon drive service and they want to see the parts. Got an email back from northwest fab in beautiful BC and they can do it, just need some pics for a prices. Another option is to get a flat flange and adapt my cv to it

spline cutting and broaching is a quite specialized service. Sticking to driveline shops will net you a more fruitful search

Northwest Fab is a huge 4x outfit that does steel yokes for transfer cases and things

Chevy 1350 slip CV's are something High Angle stock and sell, although they do advertize broaching services.
208-1350cv1.jpg

I just looked over high angles site and yes I saw the advertisement for broching now too. I should get things all cut apart and my shaft pcs and maybe just have them fab the front half of the driveline

Another option I have is to buy a forged yoke and weld the cv cup and the spline section together

If I were making that weld it would certainly be Certainium Rods that I would be using. You really need some strength and may be dealing with dissimilar alloys. I deal with a few drive shaft and CV manufactures at work so if you don't find anything let me know and I will get them to take a look at this project.

Hudlow Axle is a great place too. They are real nice people and put out great product. They do some crazy projects too. They are real easy to work with.

Another option I have is to use a 32 spline flat flange like a transfer case output and make an alum spacer for the cv to pocket into. Then there is no special parts needed

I'll post pics later

Call Jesse at High Angle Driveline. Have worked with him on several projects and is a stellar guy. His work is also stellar.

I'll get pics of the setup tomorrow. I spent today wrenching under the car all day working with bolt on slip yokes, cv shaft angles and triple ujoint shaft angles. What a pita. Conclusion that DLNW sucks a$$. Well they did what I asked, but with all the questions they asked they never recommended making the rear shaft longer if I could. So I have a rear shaft that's way to short and once angles are set proper, the rear shaft has near 3* working angle and once i get close to 80mph and clear to 150mph it does nothing but shake. I also out a dial indicator on the jointed shaft and the tubes are .015 in the middle and close to .010 at the yokes. There's no way this jointed shaft would have or ever will work

The cv shaft works great to around 120mph then just starts to shake on it's way to 150. But even from ford the front shaft is close to .010 out in the middle. So I'll get to working on having a legit shop make up a short front, long rear cv shaft and have it balanced to the rpm I run at on the strip near 8000rpm

I did get another 32 spline stub shaft setup for a 3 inch shaft and carrier bearing so I'll call around Monday about the splining my cv cup

John, do you know of something?

I have had internal splines cut on a wire edm but it wasn't cheap. It was for a fixture at work so it wasn't out of my pocket. The advantage is you won't get any taper with the edm.

Back