• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Mr Wagon's 240 wagon (St?peJernsGjedda)

Got the engineblock back from the shop yesterday:)

Shaved of about 0,1 mm to keep the comp, ratio as low as possible.

ready for paint soon.

cylinders drilled to 96,3 mm

the crankshaft was within the tolerances and just well-cleaned and polished.

also got the windowplate for the flathood-conversion. still need the hood tho:cool:

hopefully the block, rods, pistons, and head wil be ready and assembled before fall and the busy huntingseason:cool:

Nice project! I like the BBS on a 240!

agreed! but I'm still not satisfied with the replicas that I've found avaliable:-( I'm lookin for wheels with different widt front and rear and with a deeper dish on the rearwheels. all in all... hard to find:-P

Bought a 530 head today! Ported inletchannels and 38 mm exhaust valves, modified combustion-chambers muesering in at 57 ccm, Stiffer valvesprings and all valveseats are grinded to the right angle.

This thing will give enough flow for up to 500 hp with the right camshaft:cool:

New exhaustvalves.

The inlet side.

:oogle:

Going on hollyday to Smyrna GA in june actually, with plans for a roadtrip in your direction:) hehe

i didn't do the work on this head tho. bought from a volvo-guru i norway so.. :lol:

nice work! can't wait to see this thing all done!

tanx man! good motivation:-D

I've set two goals wich is the the main parts of the engine assembled this year and the body painted by 2015. It would seem like a long time but the budget of a student is, as you propably know, limited:-P

Guess what... I'm not dead!:lol:

So this is status: Went to the states, wich made me broke.... but got some cool stuff for my build.

This place was awesome! as you can see ma girl was'nt that excited... hehehe

Ermegherd!? PERTS....

Got an -012 AMM from an early 960.

Got these radiator/intercooler bracets.

Bougth an inlet manifold for the turbo. Gonne need som fabwork but its worth it. I'm not gonna spend that much on the engine and spoil the flow with an original F-manifold..

Got some gauges. boostpressure, pilpressure and voltmeter.

Some plastic for the interior. (sorry terrible picture quality)

Some trim.

SUMMIT RACING!! We don't have this in scandinavia so this is huge for a quirky norwegian volvo-geek.

I've seen lot of recommendations for these injectors. The spray pattern is made for a 2 valve engine + they are bosch compatible.

Also bought a bosch 044 inline fuelpump for 130 dollars, wich is half the price compared to back home...

I figured I needed to get out of the heat and do some work on the engineblock.

Startet with this:

I think it's a B230? :-P

I started with different sizes of steelbrusches to loosen the chipped paint.

then I aplied some paint-remover.

After three rounds and 36 hours it looked like this.

Still some paint left! the steelbrusches did the rest.

HighTemp Primer..

TADAAA!!!

And three layers of Eastwood Paint. They call the color "Volvo Red" here in Norway!

Wheeled it out to bake in the sun! IT'S FREAKIN' 94 DEGREES F, IN NORWAY THESE DAYS!! I'M DYING:cool:

In other news this will be the next purschase to the build:
http://www.gasolin.no/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=36_10105&products_id=12192

Just ask and I'll translate:)

I was bored and photoshopped som wheelarches from a vw golf mk1 on a 245! i'm planning to realizing this:)

Just need som weldingskills first though.

got a daily driver the other day! It'll be to have something with good hauling abilities:cool:

anybody viseting this thread? feel like i'm talking to myself here:-P

Just saw your thread- great work. If you get back to Ga., look me up. MikeJr. And I have tons of Volvos and parts, wheels, efc. I know the local Volvoheads can cook something up for a fellow enthusiast.
Your project is done the right way- keep us posted.

Back