• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

740 lighting problem

Mr. V

1986 740 Turbo.

For some time the bulb failure light stays on whenever the exterior lights are on, and whenever I hit the brakes when no exterior lights are on.

Now I notice that when no exterior lights are on, the instrument panel illumination lights come on when I press down the brake pedal: they come off when the pedal is released.

Also having issues with the courtesy light, which works fine for all doors except the driver's: intermittent there (the switch tests out fine).

Any suggestions?

Good grief.

Now I notice that when I apply the brake the inst. panel lights and the front parking lights illuminate while the pedal is down.

Cause?

Check the taillamps and make sure that the wires for the brake lights aren't shorting out against the taillight wires and that the ground wires are connected properly. Also, are you noticing that the turn signals flash slowly on either one side or both sides? If that's going on as well, then, yes, your grounds are messed up back there.

-J

Back