• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Kenny's 1990 740 GLE, goin' for 9's

and of course the image everyone wants to see:

Followed by the question everybody is asking:

Will it spool?

yeah so do I. with our shots combined....

anyway, brake issue is sorted. there is no goddamn proportioning valve on non-abs 700's (at least up to 90), that **** has two lines off the MC that go to the passenger wheel, and two lines that go down to a pair of T-blocks (and that's all they are) that feed the rear circuits as well as the front driver's side wheel.

so, while raiding pullapart for a couple odds and ends (and getting more than I wanted), I picked up one of the passenger to MC lines, the MC, the T-block, a driver's side line (which is the same ABS or NON abs btw) and a couple of lines that go to the MC. After closer inspection, I can simply do it the way you'd do a jumbo conversion on a non-abs car (which is what I suspected all along). I.E. there will be one line going to the passenger side, and another line feeding the Tee for the front-back stuff.

didn't even need the MC, so it's been shelved as a potential spare, though it's doubtful it'll ever come off the shelf.

Also picked up a 200 series accessory bracket (turns out those cars CAN be useful for something) and PS pump, I'll just have to fabricate/create some means to attach the alt where the a/c used to be. can't be that hard. This should provide a much better wrap around things. Well maybe not the water pump, but it doesn't hurt things if the belt slips on that pulley at high rpms.

Last edited:
You should send that turbo out west and Ill test it out for ya on the 10th!

there's a guy down in FL that's run 8's

the point isn't to be the first to do _____ with a volvo. I'm not, I probably never will be, and that's cool.. the point is to be reasonably competitive with sam's ****in' nissan and andy's goddamn civic, as well as some other local vehicles. But mainly to have a good time with it.

Hey, you're one of the few (read 2) on this board to even get to the point of running an SBC trans, and honestly, of those on here, you actually get **** done, rather than just talking about it. The stuff you get done in a week is stuff many take a month or year to do. Give yourself some credit man!!

Now...get back to that car!!

meh I don't need credit for doing stuff, other people need a boot in the ass for not doing stuff :-P

no race car news. worked on the 960 for about 5 hours today. cleaning, fixing niggling issues, etc. it's a changed vehicle, mostly for the better. highlighted my terrible skills at paint detailing though. saturday saw me working on jason's head before heading to a wedding out of town. Sold a few parts sunday, but didn't do anything car related after that.

aahh. played in the shop for about an hour and a half, working on a couple of things. made the brackets for the fuel rail (from cut to paint in probably an hour. no rush.) and gathered a couple things that I'll be shipping out on my days off at the end of this week.

Back