• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

b5234t flywheels crank sensor

ofwgkta

so i have everything ready to run in my 740, but the donor car was an automatic, and now it has singlemass flywheel with round holes, the automatic ''flywheel'' was with square holes.

the problem is that injectors won't open and it maybe because crankshaft sensor doesnt get correct readings ( it needs to be around 1V when cranking, but it is about 0,1V or so)

is there any differences between these two crankshaft (flywheel) sensors ? do i need sensor from a manual car with rounded holes flywheel ?

or there is no other option than get flywheel with square holes ?

If I remember right you have to switch polarity on the sensor when swapping from round to square and the other way around.

i swapped from the dual mass flywheel with the milled slots, to the single mass with drilled holes on my t5m when i put in the R clutch. i just cut the two wires, switched em, and soldered em back together. Works like a charm, but if i had to do it again i would just pull the pins from the connector and switch them.

it is either reading the high spots (milled slots) or the low spots (drilled holes) so switching the polarity on the wires should be the ticket, it will work in one of the two configurations, so long as the sensor and everything is ok.

so i tried to swap the wires and cps sensor is good (around 300 ohms)

i did also change my flywheel for one with the square holes. still no changes.

when cranking the engine autodata says the cps sensor should be giving out 0,3 - 1,5 v, it does only about 0,02v all the time.

so when i start cranking the car, with injectors out, one injector opens for one time (usually 2 or 5) and then nothing, i can crank how much i want injectors wont open, when i turn the key back and crank it again it then again opens one injector one time, thats all

any ideas ? if the engine ecu would have immobilaiser it would start the engine for a little bit and then shuts down right ? and there wasnt a wire for immobilaiser coming from ecu, so i guess its ecu with no immobilaiser

the cps and camshaft sensors are good

any other reasons why injectors wouldnt open ?

ecu on the car
556719ba86686mhilcmu1432820154.jpg

A typical multimeter may not be able to measure the short bursts of voltage spikes. You should also check the cam sensor, if it doesn't work you will see the same symptoms.

Back