• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

960 Opened AW3040 filter

hikerguy

Just changed rear crank seal and figured I would change the trans filter and flush it while I was at it. Everything shifts fine before and after. When I cut the filter open I found more stuff in the filter then I'm use to seeing at 150k

The pan has been off before at sometime judging by the rtv. I did put a new radiator in 6 or 7 months ago but that's the only time I've had the system has been open.

What do you guys think? I'm driving from PA to FL on the 16th so there's that too.

http://imgur.com/gallery/SloiI2j

More metal than I would like to see... As far as longevity, I'd pull pan once more right before I left and if no new metal, no worries

I also added a bottle of lucus which I've had good luck with in the past.

I don't know the past maintenance records unfortunately but judging by the the fluid, it'd been awhile.

Let is know how it goes I had a how long will out last thread..keep us updated, looks like a lot but maybe the person before you threw it in park before it was stopped? That's why we change filters, the Lucas is good stuff maybe get triple a?

Back