• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

hate FWD all you want, but you cannot hate the rimpz....

Status
Not open for further replies.

deturbinflicka

all I ever hear is VOLVO!
I wanted to make a thread 18 months ago to document the work on my yellow T-5R from start to finish, if for no other reason than to have a working history of the car. Too late for that now. However there are a few really special moments along the way - something I know many if not all of you reading this can appreciate - that I want to share, and also give credit where credit is due. For now, I'll just focus on the most recent one: the day Matt pimped my ride. Seriously....

Okay, Matt (500dollar744ti) has been the wrench behind many mods and repairs to this car (most recently the 18T install, car is beast-like now). He is a phenomenal tech :godlike: and a good friend (*tear wells in eye, feeling a little verklempt, talk amongst yaselves*). But I was not prepared to discover that in addition to his mechanical expertise, he also has an impeccable eye for.....just that "perfect rim". HA! In my case it was the Mizram (haters :nono:, you know you can't deny them):

Pics now. Story later (how I have wanted them forever, Matt happened to have them, they didn't cost me $2k like everyone said they would, blah blah blah.) Whatevs, I know you will be back for more. ;-):rofl:

Out with the old (and albeit beloved)....

29189_1465959092676_1344483252_1252414_2489346_n.jpg

and in with the NEW: pimptastic donkalicious 18" Mizrams (oem wheel from 07and1/2 ym C70).

447.jpg

29189_1469757427632_1344483252_1261569_4003875_n.jpg

machined to fit and hub-centric. Thanks Matty:

29189_1469248294904_1344483252_1260152_5229222_n.jpg

29189_1469247254878_1344483252_1260151_2603118_n.jpg

439.jpg

440.jpg

446.jpg

445.jpg

443.jpg

Good to see something a little different,
But I like the Titans better - A T5R without Titans (or at least some other dark 5 spoke wheel) is just a yellow 850. ;-)

But, you like them, and they're what you want, so thats by far the most important thing.

I think your new rims would look awesome on a silver 850 though.

Its good to see that they fit.
The C70 rims are a different offset to all the other late rims.
They have more offset than S40,V50 and C30.
They look nice,but do you think you would have any scrub issues if you car was low?

Good to see something a little different,
But I like the Titans better - A T5R without Titans (or at least some other dark 5 spoke wheel) is just a yellow 850. ;-)

But, you like them, and they're what you want, so thats by far the most important thing.

I think your new rims would look awesome on a silver 850 though.

Well damn, I posted a reply (I thought) with a pic of the Rad silver VS home-page car (with the argyle fender) that sports the same wheels. I must be losing it, I need to quit staying up all night working on the computer...

I do love the Titans, and agree that a T-5R (and espec. a yellow) is no such animal without them. And they are getting harder to find. I knew I'd be sorry I sold them, and I am. However, I love shoes and have way too many. It has translated over to my wheels apparently, as I have these and some black 17" Nebulas I have to finish paying for and pick up next week. So, as much of a flake as I am about this car...about a lot of things...I'm sure Titans will surface again and find a home in my shed soon. :)

Its good to see that they fit.
The C70 rims are a different offset to all the other late rims.
They have more offset than S40,V50 and C30.
They look nice,but do you think you would have any scrub issues if you car was low?

Well they did have to be machined, as they are intended for 70 series (p2) fwd's. The offset I like a lot. Unfortunately the nearly new Pirellis that came with the deal (factory take off's) are coming off as they are 235's and in order to run these wheels with no rub (except at full lock) I need 225's. Right now I am driving "gingerly" to avoid hitting the inside of my fenders. The price of materialism...:-D

Last edited:
Looks good.

Pointers.

Careful not to bend, and watch your dash and various mounts, will wear quicker now, especially if you have stiffer mounts.

It is probably rubbing your fender liners already (have you lowered it yet?), so look into modifying them to fit if you care.

You will have to roll the fenders, if you want to go lower, and roll them out far.

That side view shot of Matt, almost looks like Tom Cruise. HAHAHA
Car looks good!

Also I would rock a FWD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back