• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

CI Fuel Injection Question

A

Anonymous

Hopefully someone knows more than me about CI injection and can solve my problem. Recently rebuilt 1982 B21FT. Here is my problem. With the air rubber boot on the air/fuel meter, the car won't start. However, if I put something to keep the air flow plate open very slightly, and put the boot back on, the car fires up and runs fine. Any ideas. I have taken the air flow sensor off and cleaned it, the plate is properly adjusted--not touching the sides. I am out of ideas. Someone please help. Thanks

srockwel@willamett.edu

First thing i would look for is openings in the intake system, or vacuum leaks. Check your intake from boot to throttle body searching for tears or holes etc. Is your boot on properly, sometimes they dont seat right? Good Luck Dan 242tic

More info, please. Won't start at all, or just hard starting? Cold or hot? Does this happen only after the car gets hot and cools down completely, or even gets hot and cools down a little? Did you change anything else when you rebuilt the engine? How did the car start before you did the engine?

Back