• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

How Should I Proceed for More Torque+HP

Fumomike

So I've come to make my Turbo more ricey and faster. I think it is my dream to become somewhat of a ricer. My car is a: 1990 760 TurboWagon. What can I do to get more boost? I bought 650cc deatschwerk's injectors and they ran so rich at boost that my car bogged and backfired. I am using Mike's chip(I think) and 960 MAF. Bigger 960 maf did help a bunch( i bogged at 8PSi instead of 3-4). I also tested for Boost leaks. Only leak i found was at the CBV but I have fixed that and am still bogging. I am looking for tips for lower flowing injectors that are guaranteed to work. Something that is preferably easy to drop in, or links to what i need to buy online to make it fit(O-rings, spacers, etc). My goal is "22 lbs" of boost.

Here was my previous post of the problem.

http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=329756

I've tried Everything! It hasn't been truly solved. Only stable build i've been able to get is 15 lbs of boost with stock flow injectors :(. Its an insurmountable wall that has been plaguing me for the past few months(roughly 5)! Its fast but not fast enough. I need just a little more boost to be happy. I feel like the problem would be fixed if i could get someone to custom tune and lower the fuel injection @ WOT.

Current AFRs are reading 10.3~ @ WOT15lbs of boost. It sometimes goes below 10.0.

Mods are:
High LPH Inline Fuel pump
Stock New stock flow Injectors
19T/15G hotside, Brand new CHRA @ 15lbs w/ 17 lbs of boost creep, loving the boost creep
Chipped ECU
NPR Intercooler
Ricer intake
VX Cam
Accumulator Trans mod
2.5-inch exhaust with Dynomax turbo muffler(no cat)
IPD Swaybar kit w/ brace

The exhaust noise is so tame and boring. It kind've drones but kind've like a drone that makes you fall asleep type of drone. I want to hear the turbo(like....All the time!) more but I can only hear it spooling at boost. I want to be like those diesel bulldozers with that beautiful spool. I want that teeth clenching turbo tractor noise! I want to be a ricer! So should I go straight pipe? Just cut that darn muffler off? exhaust has a bend over the axles so that should slow the exhaust but Im afraid that if i cut the muffler off I would still be unable to hear the exhaust since it goes out the back of the car. I know for a fact I will be able to hear it if I do a 90 degree bend behind the front wheel. Tickets are not an issue here in Georgia. Pretty much everyone is running a straight pipe. In fact I'm jealous of the turbo deisel trucks in my area that release a plume of black smoke behind them. So cool! Also i heard you get better MPG with a straight pipe, how efficient! I would rather not sacrifice the performance to save the enviroment :/.

Don't you guys think a "quick," loud, and stockish looking, 90's Turbo wagon would be awesome? Or am i in the wrong place? ;-)

TLDR/Summary: Need guaranteed to work injectors that is easy to install for 22 lbs of boost. AFRs are rich (bog, misfires) @ WOT with previous 650CC Deatschwerks injectors. Had to revert to stock 330cc flow injectors @ 15 lbs of boost. Finally, Should i go straight pipe? I want to be a ricer. I've done tons of research. Browntops too strange to install and find(i never go to junkyards sadly, I am a internet buyer). Thinking about greentops. Yes I've mega stage zero'd, No CELs. Yes im Ignorant! Yes Im desperate!

Last edited:
All injector info and impedance http://users.erols.com/srweiss/tableifc.htm. Go 3" exhaust with one muffler/resonator and side dump. DOnt be scurred of brown tops, if a resistor pack intall is daunting, or u already have one, you can use white block injectors. II snagged some injectors from this guy, great service and already cleaned in ultrasonic cleaner. $10 each with free shipping http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=301784

I also I bought a rebuild kit from these guys
http://www.mrinjectorparts.com/store..._Kits_002.html cheap and came with 2 jolly ranches in the package

All injector info and impedance http://users.erols.com/srweiss/tableifc.htm. Go 3" exhaust with one muffler/resonator and side dump. DOnt be scurred of brown tops, if a resistor pack intall is daunting, or u already have one, you can use white block injectors. II snagged some injectors from this guy, great service and already cleaned in ultrasonic cleaner. $10 each with free shipping http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=301784

I also I bought a rebuild kit from these guys
http://www.mrinjectorparts.com/store..._Kits_002.html cheap and came with 2 jolly ranches in the package

Great advice however i heard from a few threads that browntops are already past the upper limits of lh 2.4. They dont like those high flowing injectors (440cc) and like 1-2 threads say that they experienced rich bog and misfire at boost. Id rather pick something with a little less flow, higher chance of no bog.. The man you introduced in the selling section ive actually eyed him for a little while but literally all of his injectors only flow less than stock or slightly above stock injector for the b230ft 90+. Like my stockish aftermarket injectors flow around 330~ cc @x bar. The seller you mentioned has like 30cc over the stock. This will probably not get me to 22 psi as i am pinging at 17-18 with 330cx injectors. i love the fact that they are cleaned and drop in tho. What about green giants? If any of you watch drifts and lifts on youtube, he is somehow using them with great success. Also your last link doesnt work for me.

Last edited:
Try gapping the plugs tighter and/or get a beefier coil to help you light off that rich mixture. I've run 630CC injectors (with 3" maf) on lh2.4 tlao chips without any hiccups after letting lh adapt

Hi Fumo
You sound like you have a similar set up to mine - 960 MAF (Do you have the bigger throttle body too?); 600cc + injectors; intercooler; uprated cam; 15G turbo; TLAO chips etc. I too go very rich & bog when making high boost (I have to lift a little).
The injectors you have are not too big - mine work ok. I do not know any details of the spray pattern & other stuff on your injectors which may be giving you problems & I do not know what a ricer intake is! How did the car idle with those injectors? was the AFR all other the place?
I have decided my main problem is that like you I have done everything to improve air/fuel going into the engine but nothing to get the exhaust out ( still running the stock exhaust). This revelation came to me when the back box of my exhaust fell off one night. Instead of replacing it I added some pipe so that it exits under the bumper on the right hand side (as you look at the back). Increase in noise was negligible & it helped with AFR's under high boost. I know you said you have a 2.5" system. A 3" system is going to go on mine & I will see where that takes me.
I think you need a bigger exhaust & let LH learn the boost.
Tim

Thanks ill mess with the exhaust and see if it helps!

I think im going to leave this car as is and move onto my next project.

Back