• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Possible to block someone, so you can't see their new Threads?

Isn't there a rule about listing multiple items in one thread?

He currently has six threads in Market, and usually bumps each of them every day.

How about having him consolidate all his threads in both For Sale and Market into one thread in each and let him bump those two threads once each per day?

Let him choose the thread title and put all his ads into that one thread.
Then, he can add/delete items within that thread as they sell, or he has a new item that he is selling.

Or, we could hold a contest to see who could come up with the best thread title for him? ;-)

Isn't there a rule about listing multiple items in one thread?

He currently has six threads in Market, and usually bumps each of them every day.

How about having him consolidate all his threads in both For Sale and Market into one thread in each and let him bump those two threads once each per day?

Let him choose the thread title and put all his ads into that one thread.
Then, he can add/delete items within that thread as they sell, or he has a new item that he is selling.

Or, we could hold a contest to see who could come up with the best thread title for him? ;-)

Or just do what Vs did

I like this idea.

Me too.

FWIW, what the "poster-in-question" and others do makes me not want to bother posting my old Volvo parts. I mean, if the measly items that I put up are dwarfed within 24-48 hours, why bother. I'm getting to a point in my life where I'd like to make room, but I'm tired of chasing sales of 20 bucks.

What's happening is not an asset to the hobby - which is what "old" Volvos are now.

Granted, some wheels are timeless regardless of how ugly they are.

I was under the impression they already made him donate, but I could be wrong.

Either way, he is more of a parasite than an asset to forums.

He promised to donate once we got you class clowns to stop harassing him. That didn't happen despite continued bans, so he doesn't feel the need to donate.

If you don't want to see his posts, add him to your ignore list, that's exactly what it's there for. If you don't want to do that, just don't read his threads, nobody is forcing you to do so.

Me too.

FWIW, what the "poster-in-question" and others do makes me not want to bother posting my old Volvo parts. I mean, if the measly items that I put up are dwarfed within 24-48 hours, why bother. I'm getting to a point in my life where I'd like to make room, but I'm tired of chasing sales of 20 bucks.

What's happening is not an asset to the hobby - which is what "old" Volvos are now.

The trolls have won.

He promised to donate once we got you class clowns to stop harassing him. That didn't happen despite continued bans, so he doesn't feel the need to donate.

If you don't want to see his posts, add him to your ignore list, that's exactly what it's there for. If you don't want to do that, just don't read his threads, nobody is forcing you to do so.

Is it really just about ignoring someone when they are hogging the top of the thread lists, and not following the forum rules?
Seems like he is taking advantage of forums.
I'm guessing he is, or has been attempting to, do this on every auto related forum on the web.

He really seems more like a spammer than a contributor to the community.

Me too.

This is the problem.
If someone is hogging the top of the threads, relentlessly and with items that are of little to no interest to the forum users, it diminishes the usefulness of the forum, and turns it into someone's private ad machine.

The only things that go away if you ignore them are your teeth and your girlfriend.

Fortunately, I still have my teeth...

This is the problem.
If someone is hogging the top of the threads, relentlessly and with items that are of little to no interest to the forum users, it diminishes the usefulness of the forum, and turns it into someone's private ad machine.

Agreed.

I have him on my ignore list, but it's still annoying AF to see his threads bumped constantly. With no shipping available and unrealistic trade requests, those threads are going to rot here forever. Pretty soon his "ttt" posts will outnumber Redwood Chair's posts and he'll be the top contributor!

Do something, guys.

Agreed.

I have him on my ignore list, but it's still annoying AF to see his threads bumped constantly. With no shipping available and unrealistic trade requests, those threads are going to rot here forever. Pretty soon his "ttt" posts will outnumber Redwood Chair's posts and he'll be the top contributor!

Do something, guys.

b78582649a1f6d2da6292febc1e79008d0fba30c7025fcb003bf49d309697bf4.jpg

:godlike: :godlike: :godlike: :godlike: :godlike: :godlike:

All his posts seem to be bumping his own multiple forsale and market threads or posting craigslist links.

Would anyone contribute to a GoFundMe to buy his s70 slicktop full of his wheels and crush it? I could cover my own travel or half for someone else and up to 10% of the car.

Back