• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

260 tachometer to 40

re_ilan

Good evening friends,
would 260's (6 cylinder) tachometer fit in my 240's instrument cluster, instead of the clock ?
will it work fine?
if not, how can i adjust it so it show the right rpm?

The tachometer won't work with for a four-cylinder engine without a small device to change the timing pulses.

I'm going the other way...four-cylinder to six-cylinder engine. I'm installing a NOS GT Instruments instrument cluster in my '71 164.

I use the Tach-Adapt, which will do it. It worked great on a 912 to 911 engine swap.

Here's the link: http://ashlocktech.com

It's not expensive, at $65, buy you are installing the wrong tachometer, and hopefully you did not spend too much on it. It would really suck to spend a lot on the tach, and then spend another $65 to make it work...

Dave Riedle

The tachometer won't work with for a four-cylinder engine without a small device to change the timing pulses.

I'm going the other way...four-cylinder to six-cylinder engine. I'm installing a NOS GT Instruments instrument cluster in my '71 164.

I use the Tach-Adapt, which will do it. It worked great on a 912 to 911 engine swap.

Here's the link: http://ashlocktech.com

It's not expensive, at $65, buy you are installing the wrong tachometer, and hopefully you did not spend too much on it. It would really suck to spend a lot on the tach, and then spend another $65 to make it work...

Dave Riedle

I have the correct six cylinder tach for your GT gauge set.

Not for $65.00

Good evening friends,
would 260's (6 cylinder) tachometer fit in my 240's instrument cluster, instead of the clock ?

I need your 6 cylinder tach and will buy you a 4 cylinder tach or ship my 4 cylinder to you. The tachs changed over the years from flat black to slightly shinny. What year did the tach come from.

Back