• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 torque specs needed for coolant gauge sender on cylinder head

prometheus_aflame

1990 245 DL NA

I am removing the coolant temp gauge sender under the #2 cylinder. This is the sender that sends the coolant temperature to the instrument cluster. The sender is bad after testing, and I need to ensure I don't overtighten the replacement. Can someone reply with a diagram of all torque specs for the B230F head and black sensors? I may need to replace more of them as my wrenching continues.

I feel like this has a crush washer on it. It's certainly not a ton... don't have spec though.

What’s the thread pitch/diameter? M12x1.5? Copper or aluminum crush washer?

If it’s m12x1.5, I’d say 12-15ftlbs for aluminum crush, 14-18 for copper.

AFAIK, there are no torque specs for the senders. It would depend on the size of the threads and sealing method used. A crush washer needs to be tightened enough to be crushed while a pipe thread fitting would only need to be tightened enough to get the threads to seal.

The temp sender uses an angle seat that doesn't require as much torque to seal. The thread size has has been discussed before.

http://www.turbobricks.net/forums/showpost.php?p=5503263&postcount=8

Back