• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

B230F LH 2.4 injector modernisation

The advertised MPG improvement (if real) probably comes from more advanced spray pattern resulting in better fuel atomization.

0280155884 FUEL INJECTOR SPECIFICATIONS:
Flow Rate: 19 lbs/hr at 43.5 PSI, 203 cc/min at 3 BAR
Coil Resistance: 15.3 OHMS
Fuel Nozzle: 4-Hole, wide cone fuel pattern

Check out this For Sale thread for similar specs at great savings : https://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=301784&highlight=injectors

The spray pattern of thse injectors is decribed as "wide cone".
The OEM injectors are a pencil stream - straight to the back of the valve.
The new injectors will diffuse the fuel but at a cost of port soak (described in several threads here). Your car will not likely pass an emmissions test as a result.
Tim

I tried playing this game 7 or 8 years ago with a 4 hole EV6 injector that had a similar spray angle to the stock one, they were a green one that fit a Chrysler 3.3 V6 I think. Anyway, there was no measurable improvement. Idle quality SEEMED better, but was probably a placebo effect.

Your results may vary, but you may want to be certain that leaking injectors are really your problem. Unless you just want to do this, then do it.

Tim, I decided against buying those wide cone injectors, and I replied that I'm going to go for the pink ones which were recommended to me by PCH in the link he provided.

Back