• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

15G Conical. What Next? 19T Angled? HE341? Push Car Into Lake?

Which stupid turbo?

• 15G swap to angled

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 19T angled

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • 19T conical

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HE341

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Keep conical because it's better, but push car into lake because idc and it seems fun?

Votes: 8 33.3%

• Total voters

EivlEvo

I should probably make a project thread that could be about half of me building this car in pointlessly conservative stages and half about how it has some petty inconvenient problem I need fixed but whatever.

1993 245 squirters +T

Currently on IPD cam and a 15G at ~15psi. Has T5 trans. Has big IC. Has 577cc's with 3" AMM and TLAO but I'm laying the groundwork for standalone.

I have 2 other turbos.

1. A 19T with angled flange
2. A Holset HE341

The goal is for a quick feeling daily. The 19T seems to make the most sense, but mixed reviews. The Holset would make the car "fast" vs. quick but also mixed reviews lol.

I MAY try and weld up a good universal downpipe this weekend (if this migraine subsides) so I can basically just swap the upper curved section when I swap turbos and housings. It seems pointless to put the 19T into the 15G conical housing yes?

I wouldn't mind seeing a project thread on your 240.

My vote is the 19t with either straight or angled housing for your goals. I say straight housing because it'll be easier to make your downpipe work. I don't think a "universal" downpipe will work on an angled flange well, fwiw.

Last edited:
The idea of the universal DP basically just puts a v-band on the DOWN part of the downpipe. That means I can detach it there and use a modified upper section for my current conical, a future angled or the Holset (which I'd bet I'd run off the NA manifold with a J pipe)...

Also thanks. I have all the pics... just gotta do it.

Hahaha.

Everyone says go 19T but the poll says go Holset.

I had heard tales of 19Ts being rod benders on redblocks because the boost hits so low and hard.

19T is my vote. I am already thinking about a 19T for my car, you know to keep up with the Joneses.

J_Jones has a 2JZ in his car now though lolol

And I think the other jones person on here is putting a 531 head onto NA in an effort to win JohnV's heart?

:rofl:

And we're over here playing around with little turbos.

I'm gonna start with this 19T if my snap ring pliers show up. Also... angled is better than conical yes? I feel like it's the bigger angled flange which is default bigger.

I'm gonna try and water cool this turbo for max complexity... and add an oil cooler as well. My 15G is coked out worse than a 90's stockbroker.

J_Jones has a 2JZ in his car now though lolol

And I think the other jones person on here is putting a 531 head onto NA in an effort to win JohnV's heart?

:rofl:

And we're over here playing around with little turbos.

Well, I'm not going that far...yet

I'm gonna start with this 19T if my snap ring pliers show up. Also... angled is better than conical yes? I feel like it's the bigger angled flange which is default bigger.

I'm gonna try and water cool this turbo for max complexity... and add an oil cooler as well. My 15G is coked out worse than a 90's stockbroker.

Angled is mucho better, water cooling is easy enough with factory parts, should be NBD.

Definitely 19t over the holset for a daily. BTDT on the Holset, needs some work to get it to spool in town. My experience, you'd get halfway into an intersection, almost get hit from side traffic if there was any, then it would finally light off and throw you sideways. Something a little smaller like the 19t or my Garrett lights off from the get-go, gets you moving thru traffic before it fully lights off.

So those of you have that have a 19T on your car... question. I have a 19t on my 245, but had to put a conical flange on it to bolt up the 4 bolts to the exhaust manifold. Are people just running it with 3 bolts?

So those of you have that have a 19T on your car... question. I have a 19t on my 245, but had to put a conical flange on it to bolt up the 4 bolts to the exhaust manifold. Are people just running it with 3 bolts?

Others have also had issues using the angled flange turbine housing on the 19T...solution is either swapping turbine housings or getting out the grinder.

http://forums.tbforums.com/showthread.php?t=342705

Last edited:
Back