• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Boosted on a budget

Under the oil cap looks legit and normal. Only the dipstick tube looks milky. I haven't checked the plugs yet. It's a brown milky like froth. :-(

Move back to the south if this is a "problem." :lol:
Every cold damp night here on stuff that sits moisture condenses...

Not a problem at all. We have moisture in Florida too!
It never made any milky residue internally but then again I've never seen that happen with oil and water before but I have seen it with oil and coolant.

I'll try and change the oil and recheck it. Still doesn't make sense to me. :wtf:

Florida doesn't see the wild temp changes of the pnw. I was trying to sell my pickup and dude was going on about how the hg was toast... I popped the cap on my 2016 Honda after it sat outside for 1 weekend, and hey lookie there, same color stuff. If the oil on the dipstick is clean, but the cap has some stuff on it, get it hot, clean it off and check again.

Plugs left to right 1234

C3D1739E-F6F8-4AAF-9C8D-0486F7B36BA4.jpg

My dipstick also looks like that if I don't drive the car for a few days. Just condensation collecting on it, will burn off when you drive.

I'll get some looksee into the head and see if I notice anything unusual. Didn't get to change the oil today. I'll do it soon though. Thanks for all the input everyone.

Not a problem at all. We have moisture in Florida too!
It never made any milky residue internally but then again I've never seen that happen with oil and water before but I have seen it with oil and coolant.

I'll try and change the oil and recheck it. Still doesn't make sense to me. :wtf:

It's totally normal in our climate. One damp day and a cool clear night is all it really takes. Especially in spring time. Cold ground, warmer air during the long daylight days...

There could be something terribly wrong with it too, but just a little condensation under the cap or dipstick is nothing particularly shocking...

How about this angle: Does the engine run at full operating temp long enough for the condensation to evaporate? Flame trap thingy is clear?

How about this angle: Does the engine run at full operating temp long enough for the condensation to evaporate? Flame trap thingy is clear?

Sure does. I drive 20Plus miles to work on the highway going 75. I've had the Efan come on a dozen times sitting in traffic as well.

I run a line off the oil breather box to a catch can then into pre turbo. It's all brand new stuff and shouldn't be any issues.

I'm leaning towards Hg since I popped the belts a few weeks back and water pump wasn't circulating coolant. I thought I pulled over in time right when I noticed the temperature at 210. It wasn't that hot imo. Volvo needle was right at the red line. Who knows. I'm doing the block test today. I'll report

Head gasket block tester passed. Stayed blue the entire time... that's great news. !!

Back