• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Pdx dl

PCV.

Flame trap clean. Vacuum at small port on intake. Blew through small vacuum line. Large vacuum line to intake duct clear.

Attached hose to oil separator. Blew through hose, observed air coming out oil filler. Reversed and observed air coming out oil separator.

Everything checks out.

Warmed up engine. Used a plastic grocery bag at the oil fill. It reverberated rapidly.

I think this is normal.

Checked the back of the head again with the mirror and saw that the cam seal was out of alignment.

How do I correct this?

002-M.jpg

I'm going to swing by IPD tomorrow and pick up a "blow out" thingy.

This is huge! Fixed the foggy windows. Fixing the burning oil. Just need an alignment and I could actually drive the beast.

Oh, and that weird ignition cut out issue. Oh heck.

Positive caster. It provides self centering stability.

I have the power steering ball joints.

I've been reading about shimming the lower control arm at the rear bushing to move it forward. But wouldn't this cause the front bushing to bind? Maybe I'm confused.

The bushing is rubber and glued in anyway.
If the car has the factory reverse rake the 2-4? of caster is about right.

The "hard" compound bushing Volvo sells works well when new for the cup bushing if worn out.

Still looking for the rest of the PS everything. Lots of parts.

Just spent this morning reading the whole thread. Love it! Its not far away from a reliable DD, i'm sure!

Tasteful mods while keeping stock reliability. Looking better and better.

I should be in the workshop now, making a new welder cart, fixing a 940, changing tires on the 245, etc. This thread kept me inside (and no heat, cold workshop)

Positive caster. It provides self centering stability.

I have the power steering ball joints.

I've been reading about shimming the lower control arm at the rear bushing to move it forward. But wouldn't this cause the front bushing to bind? Maybe I'm confused.

Or you can press the front bushing in from backwards. Maybe gain just a little bit more when its not pressed all the way in.

When I pressed bushings in by pure logic (for future bushing press out when its seized), I got a 5-6mm gap at the rear bushing this way.
0900c1528008c9d2.gif

Just spent this morning reading the whole thread. Love it! Its not far away from a reliable DD, i'm sure!

Tasteful mods while keeping stock reliability. Looking better and better.

I should be in the workshop now, making a new welder cart, fixing a 940, changing tires on the 245, etc. This thread kept me inside (and no heat, cold workshop)

Thanks! Having fun. Can't wait to take her on a few road trips.

Or you can press the front bushing in from backwards. Maybe gain just a little bit more when its not pressed all the way in.

When I pressed bushings in by pure logic (for future bushing press out when its seized), I got a 5-6mm gap at the rear bushing this way.

Clever.

Picked up lower chassis braces from IPD (on sale!). Had the front end aligned. Smidge of toe-in, a bit of negative camber. Much better. Can actually drive it with one hand. The car has not really been driveable since August when I swapped the struts.

Soo, when my buddy went to back the car off the rack today, she cranked but would not start. "Hey Carl, your Volvo's a piece of junk..." I may never live this down. A new fuel pump relay and we were good to go. Picked up a new fuel pump as well and stopped by the JY for the correct bracket as some hack had rigged an aftermarket pump in place with zip ties. Hard to believe on a thoroughbred 245 like this...

My brother fly's in for the holiday soon. Hope to be able to take him for a spin. It'll be just like the old days, cruising chicks in the AMC Concord.

Picked up a Bosch pump with the correct plumbing and spare relay. Got everything situated nicely in the old bracket. Need to go by a JY and find the correct weather-tight wiring connector. Made due with some crimp on units and shrink tube for now. Bolted her back up. Supply line from the tank is good. But the small plastic output line from the filter banjo to the front of the car is too short. It's clearly been altered at some point. It has a pretty good kink at the banjo. #$%!

Any suggestions on a work around or where to find the correct fuel line?

http://cleanflametrap.com/fline.html

Found this. Good lord...

Back