home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > Mechanical > projects & restorations

Old 04-05-2021, 02:59 PM   #51
R32RennSport
Outlaw Amazonian

Nice progress on the interior!

I like how the 100mm spring look when the car is not moving but real world use is not pleasant at that height. I even went from 60mm lowered back to 40mm on mine because I like to take my car on gravel roads every so often. Also, suspension geometry starts to get a little wacky at that height, but for cruising 100mm looks sweet!

1966 Outlaw Volvo Amazon, 2004 VW R32 Golf
R32RennSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 03:30 PM   #52
89-240gl+t
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R32RennSport View Post
Nice progress on the interior!

I like how the 100mm spring look when the car is not moving but real world use is not pleasant at that height. I even went from 60mm lowered back to 40mm on mine because I like to take my car on gravel roads every so often. Also, suspension geometry starts to get a little wacky at that height, but for cruising 100mm looks sweet!
yeah I read that the ride quality might not be the best but since it isn't a daily driver and a short distance driver id be ok with the. Its not that bad considering my 242 (which isn't my daily driver either) has some pretty stiff suspension so im not too worried about it. Definitely looks pretty cool cruising around, will be a lot better once I get the wheel situation figured out
Rebuilt 93 B230FT block, KL Racing T3 Cam, Dual Valve Springs, 38/46 Valves, Ported, ARP Head Studs, T5WC, MSII-Extra, EDIS, Nathan Exhaust Manifold, Ebay Turbo , 90lb injectors, Full E85, 3" exhaust, Kaplhenke Coilovers Front/Rear Koni Race Single Adjustableís, RX7 Brakes, IPD 25/25 sways

1965 122s

89-240gl+t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 07:16 PM   #53
Jack
junkman

I have no issues with the same springs and Bilstein shocks. put about 15k miles on it last year. I even take on dirt roads

with the lower balljoint flip alignment comes in perfect and CAs sit nice and level.
is the ride a little firm - sure but not slammed ricebowl car stiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul buck View Post
I love you even more Jack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishBrick
Donít bother, I would literally rather throw them away than give you the pleasure. I will never sell to you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuesday View Post
I expect nothing less from an incel like you, Jack.
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 10:36 PM   #54
89-240gl+t
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
I have no issues with the same springs and Bilstein shocks. put about 15k miles on it last year. I even take on dirt roads

with the lower balljoint flip alignment comes in perfect and CAs sit nice and level.
is the ride a little firm - sure but not slammed ricebowl car stiff
Honestly never thought about taking this on some dirt roads, feel like I have some pretty good go round clearance compared to the 242. Still need to dial in the suspension a little more.

Iíll have to do some research on that ball joint flip, doing a full suspension overall is up next on the list. It definitely adds up pretty quick with all the steering components on these Amazonís. Yeah itís definitely not that harsh of a ride thankfully
Old 04-05-2021, 10:53 PM   #55
Jack
junkman

Just look at my 66 build thread
Old 04-06-2021, 12:28 AM   #56
89-240gl+t
Board Member

Quote:
Just look at my 66 build thread
Just looked at your thread, very impressive. Would love to tackle some body work like you did eventually.

When you lowered the car did you just get some bolts at a hardware store for the sway bar endlinks?
Old 04-06-2021, 12:42 AM   #57
Jack
junkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89-240gl+t View Post
Just looked at your thread, very impressive. Would love to tackle some body work like you did eventually.

When you lowered the car did you just get some bolts at a hardware store for the sway bar endlinks?
Thank you. Amazons are a great classroom for bodywork. Hard to mess it up

Not sure anymore... I have a ton of this stuff, I think I had an installation kit from ipd in one of my stashes otherwise I would have just used the old stuff
Old 04-06-2021, 12:45 AM   #58
89-240gl+t
Board Member

Quote:
Thank you. Amazons are a great classroom for bodywork. Hard to mess it up

Not sure anymore... I have a ton of this stuff, I think I had an installation kit from ipd in one of my stashes otherwise I would have just used the old stuff
Luckily this car is pretty straight, Iím on the hunt for a passenger side door since itís full of bondo. The passenger side rear quarter panel also has bondo but fixable.

Think about just getting a shorter bolt but Iíll check ipd and see what they have if anything.
Old 04-06-2021, 12:46 AM   #59
Jack
junkman

I have the whole qt panel of you ended up needing it. No coupe doors right now

I didn’t see a need for a shorter bolt, just go to fastenall and they’ll have it in stock
Old 04-06-2021, 01:29 AM   #60
89-240gl+t
Board Member

Quote:
I have the whole qt panel of you ended up needing it. No coupe doors right now

I didnít see a need for a shorter bolt, just go to fastenall and theyíll have it in stock
Yeah probably wonít be going that route but let me know if you come across any doors in the pearl white

With the 100mm drop I was having problems with the end link being too long. The control arm wasnt able to compress all the way up. Need a shorter bolt and shorten the spacer as well. Need to take a better look at it when I have some free time