home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > Mechanical > projects & restorations

Old 07-10-2014, 12:49 PM   #26
cwdodson88
Board Member

got some new goodies, new CLT, IAT sensors, and Dan hooked me up with a 36-1 trigger wheel on one of Dales Aluminum pulleys, and a ford hall sensor. Just need to find a plug for the Ford hall sensor, wire it up... I'm gonna mount the pulley and new timing cover this weekend to see how it all fits. Then I guess I'll be looking for some coils for wasted spark.

Anyone know the part number for the plug to fir a Ford Hall sensor?
cwdodson88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 04:19 PM   #27
cwdodson88
Board Member

Oh, and I forgot to post up a pic of the surge tank install, so

So now I just need to run a high pressure feed line, return to the surge, and return to the tank! Should all go together by the end of next week! And by then I might just be ready to switch to wasted spark!
Old 07-18-2014, 02:44 PM   #28
cwdodson88
Board Member

too many irons in the fire!!! I still haven't ran lines, or soldered the molex plug on for my CLT and IAT sensors... But its been so damn hot with a 14" x3" hole in the floor I had to do something about it.

Old 07-22-2014, 06:44 PM   #29
cwdodson88
Board Member

OOPS!!!

I remembered how much fun it is to fill trannys with a syringe... so my solution was to cut an old valve cover and weld it to the trans tunnel like so

Just needs some finishing and I'll seam seal all once it gets welded in.
Old 07-23-2014, 06:57 AM   #30
villageidiot8709
Board Member

thats a great solution! should have come that way to begin with
villageidiot8709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:50 AM   #31
cwdodson88
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot8709 View Post
thats a great solution! should have come that way to begin with
THANKS! I like how it turned out, and it kinda goes with the style that I'm shooting for with the car which is very eclectic (60's hot rod, a little rat rod, a little steam punk, and a whole bunch of sillyness..

There was a hole in the original trans tunnel, but it was 4 inches back and high enough that you had to set your funnel tube in the hole and go back underneath to put it into the filler... weird, but it worked. Since I'm went to the 140 short throw shifter, I ended up cutting through the hole that was there, and just decided to make one in a better location. Now I have to take apart the cap and seal it, or find a billet cap that will completely seal it all up.
Old 08-01-2014, 04:32 PM   #32
cwdodson88
Board Member

So I haven't really had a good update, but I've been tidying some things up. I got my early-ish style grills out and started cleaning and painting them since they were trashed

Installed my headlight trim rings and Tail light trims

And ordered two of these

So the seats will go in next week since I will be showing the car at the local car show next Saturday and cruisin it on Friday night.
Old 08-01-2014, 04:45 PM   #33
cwdodson88
Board Member

Almost forgot, I found a scorpion at the office yesterday!
Old 08-03-2014, 10:50 AM   #34
amerbritcan
Hnnnnnng

Needs some sort of rear bumper/roll pan
1967 220 amazon station wagon.
1990 244GL M47 summer DD project.
Quote:
Originally Posted by charles850t View Post
I fart and Reese Witherspoon falls out of my ass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhengisKhan View Post
I'm just a cum guzzler and I can't help myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Mom
Get a bike
Honestly I've not been to www.brickspeed.net in years so I have no idea why it's still in my sig
Poopie scissors
amerbritcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 11:45 AM   #35
cwdodson88
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amerbritcan View Post
Needs some sort of rear bumper/roll pan
I've got the stock bumper… But I'm thinking that I'll do a roll pan with "t" bars poking through it, and I want to do the same to the front, but I thought about 70's split bumper camaro bumpers on the front with tow hooks underneath them.
Old 08-04-2014, 11:55 AM   #36
Canadan
Board Member

Dunno if you sorted out your fuel return to the tank, the least invasive and possibly best option I have seen is cut the fuel filler hose and use a metal t that you place in the filler tube.. like a 2in metal tube with a 5/8 tube perpendicular. I know I explained that horribly I hope you underatand my jibber jabber. Also I dig the paint my dads first car, 68 vette was baby blue with a lace stripe circa 1975
Canadan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 12:13 PM   #37
cwdodson88
Board Member

thought about the tube into the filler neck, but I'm not sure how many more lines I want to have running out of the spare tire well, I do have a 3/8 NPT tap and a piece of 2' thick wall tubing. Hmmm.
Old 08-04-2014, 01:35 PM   #38
cwdodson88
Board Member

So did some work on the grills bought some 1/4" square wire screen. Painted the grill surround and cross bar black. I think I might paint the mesh black too, but I'm looking for opinions.

I think they turned out good, I just need to get the cross bar installed.
Old 08-04-2014, 08:26 PM   #39
GoldieBrick
Board Member

Hi Chris,

I love the way you did your paint scheme... It's very different as no one does stuff like that anymore (the lace idea), and I really enjoy that bronze color. Maybe once my 142 is finished, I could head out your way and check it out?

Look forward to seeing more progress being made.
GoldieBrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 11:38 PM   #40
cwdodson88
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldieBrick View Post
Hi Chris,

I love the way you did your paint scheme... It's very different as no one does stuff like that anymore (the lace idea), and I really enjoy that bronze color. Maybe once my 142 is finished, I could head out your way and check it out?

Look forward to seeing more progress being made.
ABSOLUTELY!!! If you make it up here, I'll buy you a beer, if I bring it down you'll have to show me where the good brews are!

I'm getting it ready for the Neon Nights Cruise and Car show this weekend, So much progress will be made this week. Mock up door panels are going in for the week (just sheet metal screwed in) and when I get some time I'll coat them in fiberglass with correct fasteners and put some speakers in the bottom, Kirkeys for the front seats are going in *hopefully* tomorrow after work, and I gotta cover the rear floor with something other than primer, so truck bed liner will go on tomorrow or wednesday. Then the under side of the hood needs some attention, and I'll clean up the wiring/hose routing. The cruise on Friday night starts at 6 and goes until the bars close (The Dalles usually rolls the sidewalks up at 6, but once a year, you can be as loud as you want till 11) Car show starts at 9-goes til 2~3…

Last edited by cwdodson88; 08-05-2014 at 04:14 PM..
Old 08-05-2014, 12:09 AM   #41
cwdodson88
Board Member

I was thinking, when I go +t I might do 2 of these in the grill holes
Old 08-05-2014, 09:32 PM   #42
GoldieBrick
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwdodson88 View Post
ABSOLUTELY!!! If you make it up here, I'll buy you a beer, if I bring it down you'll have to show me where the good brews are!
Sounds like a pretty good idea to me... And if you do come here, there are plenty of places to go for a good brew.

Quote:
I'm getting it ready for the Neon Nights Cruise and Car show this weekend, So much progress will be made this week. Mock up door panels are going in for the week (just sheet metal screwed in) and when I get some time I'll coat them in fiberglass with correct fasteners and put some speakers in the bottom, Kirkeys for the front seats are going in *hopefully* tomorrow after work, and I gotta cover the rear floor with something other than primer, so truck bed liner will go on tomorrow or wednesday. Then the under side of the hood needs some attention, and I'll clean up the wiring/hose routing. The cruise on Friday night starts at 6 and goes until the bars close (The Dalles usually rolls the sidewalks up at 6, but once a year, you can be as loud as you want till 11) Car show starts at 9-goes til 2~3…
And tell me more about this cruise! It sounds like a blast, and maybe I'll even have my car ready to be road worthy by then (still wouldn't be completely finished at that point). Do you have to sign anything to be in it, or do you just show up and hang out with everyone?

Are you going to leave the door panels with bare metal or are you going to have interior be put in? I actually like the idea of metal door panels, but it depends on the car and style, etc...
Old 08-06-2014, 09:38 AM   #43
cwdodson88
Board Member

The cruise is open to anyone, usually about 2000-3000 cars in total come out for it, theres a corvette club and some guys from Canada that come out every year… And the cars come out in all sorts of stages, from "just got it running barn finds" to perfect fit and finish. Last year I drove my car with no windows or windshield.

The door panels are masonite, painted black for the moment. I will glass them then I might reverse the paint on the interior. Solid black with touches of coppery lace

Last edited by cwdodson88; 08-06-2014 at 10:01 AM..
Old 08-06-2014, 10:42 AM   #44
cwdodson88
Board Member

So I got my Kirkeys last night, and installed the drivers seat... Need to swap back to my itty bitty Grant steering wheel though

Sorry for the blurry cell phone pics, I'll get some proper pics when both are in.
Old 08-06-2014, 12:34 PM   #45
GoldieBrick
Board Member

Quote:
The cruise is open to anyone, usually about 2000-3000 cars in total come out for it, theres a corvette club and some guys from Canada that come out every year… And the cars come out in all sorts of stages, from "just got it running barn finds" to perfect fit and finish. Last year I drove my car with no windows or windshield.

The door panels are masonite, painted black for the moment. I will glass them then I might reverse the paint on the interior. Solid black with touches of coppery lace
Sounds pretty awesome! I'm definitely interested and would love to come. And luckily my glass guy is putting the front and rear windows in Thursday. And speaking of, I can't even imagine driving my car that far without windows in it.

I think it would make the trip a little more exciting but it would definitely be breezy on the freeway.
Old 08-06-2014, 02:15 PM   #46
cwdodson88
Board Member

Quote:
Sounds pretty awesome! I'm definitely interested and would love to come. And luckily my glass guy is putting the front and rear windows in Thursday. And speaking of, I can't even imagine driving my car that far without windows in it.

I think it would make the trip a little more exciting but it would definitely be breezy on the freeway.
Ah, just like riding a motorcycle, I rocked my wagon that way for 3 weeks with just sunglasses
Old 08-06-2014, 02:52 PM   #47
GoldieBrick
Board Member

Quote:
Ah, just like riding a motorcycle, I rocked my wagon that way for 3 weeks with just sunglasses
So true... And I've been debating about driving it without windows, but I'm worried that I would get pulled over or something... Although what an officer say to you, besides laughter.

Officer: "Hey kid, do you know why I pulled you over?"
Me: "Nope"
Officer: "You have a burnt out tail light.. You may want to get that fixed."
Me: "Will do officer, have a good day."
Officer: "Thanks, and you may want to fix your windows... This thing isn't a convertible, and doesn't look very safe."
Me: "I will, thanks again."

Anywho, I cant wait to see the seats installed. Are you going to just make up some simple bottom cushions? Or are you just gooing to go tough guy/iron ass and leave it the way it is?
Old 08-06-2014, 03:25 PM   #48
cwdodson88
Board Member

Quote:
So true... And I've been debating about driving it without windows, but I'm worried that I would get pulled over or something... Although what an officer say to you, besides laughter.

Officer: "Hey kid, do you know why I pulled you over?"
Me: "Nope"
Officer: "You have a burnt out tail light.. You may want to get that fixed."
Me: "Will do officer, have a good day."
Officer: "Thanks, and you may want to fix your windows... This thing isn't a convertible, and doesn't look very safe."
Me: "I will, thanks again."

Anywho, I cant wait to see the seats installed. Are you going to just make up some simple bottom cushions? Or are you just gooing to go tough guy/iron ass and leave it the way it is?
They will be padded in a rat rod ish fashion… like this

And I did get pulled over… handed him my reg, license and insurance through the open windshield… He said that since I had a wiper he couldn't give me a ticket, but it was "unsafe" just after he said that a guy on a big harley rode by with a piece of leather on his head, and I giggled… Asked why he didn't pull him over, he said "well I like the paint, have a good afternoon"
Old 08-06-2014, 08:17 PM   #49
GoldieBrick
Board Member

Quote:
They will be padded in a rat rod ish fashion… like this
I think that would be sweet. I've always really enjoyed seats that look like that as they have a very robust look to them, and if you get the right type of foam (I would do high density memory foam) it will be extremely comfortable as well.

Quote:
And I did get pulled over… handed him my reg, license and insurance through the open windshield… He said that since I had a wiper he couldn't give me a ticket, but it was "unsafe" just after he said that a guy on a big harley rode by with a piece of leather on his head, and I giggled… Asked why he didn't pull him over, he said "well I like the paint, have a good afternoon"
I'm curious as to what the difference having a/your wipers on it? You're not going to be using them and the arm isn't long enough to wipe the bugs off your glasses...?? And I don't think cops like when people ask them why they didn't pull someone else over whom was being unsafe and/or had a viable excuse to be pulled over, etc... It kind of grinds my gears that cops don't even express themselves in a way that could educate the public and give someone an idea of their frame of mind and/or how they think. I mean your car does probably draw a lot of attention, but there are other people who do stupid sh!t all the time and don't get pulled over, but it's always the good folk who do.. Sorry for ranting, but that kind of stuff bothers me, and because I ride motorcycles, it bothers me even more.

And to be honest, you weren't even doing anything wrong; and I'm pretty sure that the officer could tell that it was a project car when he first stepped up to the window. But luckily for me (maybe lucky isn't the right word), my glass guy is installing front and rear windshields tomorrow so I can "legally" drive it. Which no where in the drivers manual does it state that you cant drive a car without windows.
Old 08-06-2014, 09:57 PM   #50
Canadan
Board Member

In many state its illegal to not have a windshield. Ive herd of people getting tickets for having the windshield folded down on older jeeps... you can imagine what it would be like if that rock that otherwise would cause a starburst in the windshield caught you in the eye instead.
Canadan is offline   Reply With Quote