• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Vintage Volvo 122 Brake Rotor Alternatives?

R3LLI1

Hello all,

So my 1967 122s coupe needs new rotors and pads. Iv'e seen IPD's brake disc assembly but it's a little expensive at $219.00 a pop. Also Iv'e looked on skandix and just the rotor cost $70.00 + $50.00 shipping from Poland. Is there any cheaper solution?

Last time I messed with my PV's front brakes (122 discs) I found it very hard to find calipers, and although I didn't need rotors those were very spendy as well.

I recall someone on Brickboard making up some adapters to bolt ABS 240 front calipers to the 122 mounts and use them with some Rover discs, but I really don't recall the details or how much work it took (outside of the adapters themselves). But vented rotors would be a nice addition.

Last time I messed with my PV's front brakes (122 discs) I found it very hard to find calipers, and although I didn't need rotors those were very spendy as well.

I recall someone on Brickboard making up some adapters to bolt ABS 240 front calipers to the 122 mounts and use them with some Rover discs, but I really don't recall the details or how much work it took (outside of the adapters themselves). But vented rotors would be a nice addition.

I remember I saw this and ended up remaking the part in solid works and 3d printing it, but I looking for something a bit easier to piece together.

122 type rotors used to come with the wheel studs in them already. So they were already expensive back when I bought them.

Looking at that part listing above it includes the wheel studs and hub with the rotor like always for less than $100. That's the deal there.

Have you measured the rotors to be sure they can't just be re-surfaced? These rotors are much harder than modern rotors and last forever if you start with a good surface and take care of them.

VP has an alternative that's under $100 and they ship from a warehouse in the US.

http://212.247.61.152/us/main.aspx?page=article&artno=666525

I bought a set for the car I currently drive and they're every bit as good as the original ones. I highly doubt anyone will be able to tell the difference between those and the originals when it comes to wear, weight, etc....

I had the original ones turned and sold them with another Amazon, they were fine too.

Back