• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 Distributor: Hall Effect: What Years

84B23F

Within distributor, was this sensor pictured below used in 240s from 1985-1993? I'm trying to determine if someone "updated" my 1984.

thx

F2062158997BOS.jpg

IRC the dist and hall sensor was used on most 140/240/700's (Bosch or chrys ) up to '88 with K-jet, LH 2.0, & LH 2.2, after '88 the LH 2.4 used EZK plain empty dist.
I think the one pictured is from Chrysler ~80-84.

Last edited:
newest 240 you can find at the junkyard?

the chrysler dist is a larger diameter with cap with 2 screws piece of junk. and all those boxes by the washer fluid tank are trash. you know if the wire harness is ever unplugged the inside of the boxes break.

the best volvo distributors for 240 are the old ones with the mechanical advance and vacuum advance from the old turbo models or the 82 and older non MPG cars.

Last edited:
The hall effect sensor Chrysler distributors were only used with the very late kjet like 81-82 and the very early LH 1.0 and 2.0 cars like 82-83 Then a Bosch distributor was used with the Chrysler box from about late 83 into 84 to 1988. There is a Bosch distributor update to the older Chrysler boxes with the chrysler distributor. You can spot it because it uses a round ignition cable connection to the distributor. Not like the one in your picture. That's for bosch distributors. I've seen these early chrysler cars changed over to the Bosch breakerless ignition like in a turbo or regular older kjet car.

Back