• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 245 No Fuel, Relay is good new fuel pump too

82889pro

Its says BS right here
1990 245 no power at the #4 fuse (fuel feed in-tank pump) problem was intermittent until now so I could not chase it down before. any ideas? any place under the hood I could check, hidden fuse block not sure were to go from here. I have searched for a diagram but have not had much luck and I can't find my service manual either. yeah its Monday :rofl:

See page 18 and 19 of the 90 240 manual at volvowiringdiagrams.com Fuse 4 gets power from the fuel system relay, but only during cranking or engine running, the ECU needs a RPM signal. Also check the fuses by the battery.

Its the ECU for sure, red label an all the things. so a buddy of mine has a compete 89 740 turbo with a bad transmission. anything I would need to swap mine to the 740's motor? btw my 245 has the true five speed manual.

Short answer: all of the things

Long answer: The 740 has LH2.2 EFI and your car has LH2.4. Everything that is different between the two systems will have to be swapped, and you'll need to install your flywheel, distributor, and aux shaft on/in the 740 engine, at the very least. And you'll still need a good ECU. :)

Last edited:
Yeah, check the 25 amp fuse under the hood right above the battery on the metal strip that holds the head light relay and power distribution block. The fuel relay gets its power from that fuse. If it is blown, or, corroded, no power to the relay, thus, no power to the fuel pumps or injectors.

ok so I'm going to do the swap, dose anyone know if the wiring harness from the fuel system in the 240 is different form the 740, at first glance it looks the same to me.

ok so I'm going to do the swap, dose anyone know if the wiring harness from the fuel system in the 240 is different form the 740, at first glance it looks the same to me.

Two completely different harnesses. You HAVE to use the 240 harness, unless, you want to re-wire your 240 to run LH 2.2.

ECU replaced and

young-frankenstein.jpg

had a no-spark issue but it was because the battery was so low, may explain the intermediate long crank times. sometimes it starts on first spin other times it takes anywhere from 10-20 secs to get running

Back