• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

DJauto 240 Ecode headlamp adjuster clips.. Halp!

Volvo Farmer

A buddy just gave me a complete set of 86 and up 240 Ecodes by DJ Auto. All the little clips on the back of the reflector buckets that secure them to the adjuster screws are broken or gone. Anyone seen this problem or have a source of replacement clips?

Thanks for any help. :cool:

Yep. They break all the time. The clips are still available from Volvo.

Go ahead and pull the studs out of the lamps - three on each lamp - and jb weld them back in. They'll come out otherwise and your lights will end up flopping around.

Thank you! I found an exploded view here
https://people.ohio.edu/ridgely/e-code.htm

I need 1307452 "anchorage" clips. Looks available at IPD as well as other places.

The studs you speak of to JB weld are the mounting studs right? They don't have anything to do with the anchorage or adjusting screws?

Super appreciate the reply, now I have a part number!

Thank you! I found an exploded view here
https://people.ohio.edu/ridgely/e-code.htm

I need 1307452 "anchorage" clips. Looks available at IPD as well as other places.

The studs you speak of to JB weld are the mounting studs right? They don't have anything to do with the anchorage or adjusting screws?

Super appreciate the reply, now I have a part number!

Yes, the mounting studs. They're just kind of pressed in from the factory and they'll pop out when you tighten down the nut installing them in the car. A little jb weld or other glue/cement fixes this issue.

Don't epoxy the OE bolts. Change them to stainless. I used this stuff on OE E-code repair.

Had to make the hole a little larger for the new stainless bolt.

then
and lots of epoxy
protect the threads just in case
finish with stainless nuts and washers

Not shown in pic but I epoxied a washer to the headlight and used another when i mounted them.

Back