• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Globex Corp presents: 255

Dropping knowledge bombs. Thanks for the insight, Chris.

I'm curious to see if this accumulator idea works out.

167489510.jpg

I think original idea of the porsche style accumulator is on point and you could probably fab that up pretty quickly. That would get you some breathing room above the oil level and you wouldn't likely need a scavenge pump or anything since it'll still gravity drain.

Not sure if you'd be better with the outlet facing straight down (so your hose run is straight connectors) or at the end, I'd imagine straight down is better.

Nothing real to update on the 245... there are some things pending but nothing major at the moment. Body shop is making slow progress but it's happening.

But this happened:

167596380.jpg

I just inherited this 64 c10. Unfortunately, my grandfather passed away recently and thankfully with out drama or infighting this was slated to me. I'm really happy to have it.

Grandpa has had and garaged this since 68. It's solid and while there's a very small percentage of me that wants to leave it stock, that's just not going to happen. Have plans for it and they don't involve an ls1. :)

Last edited:
I like 240 wagons, but the first gen C10s were my first true loves ... ive got a 1960 myself.

bummer bout the circumstances, but that beast looks clean!

I like 240 wagons, but the first gen C10s were my first true loves ... ive got a 1960 myself.

bummer bout the circumstances, but that beast looks clean!

Thanks! It's a bit guilty to feel excited about it but I know he was excited I was getting it.

It's very solid. He had it painted this color in 74 over the original paint. It's thin now but I'm sure a contributing factor for how solid all the sheet metal is. Now I just need to find a fleetside box,.. :)

As one does :D

Yep.

Now I'm really just trying to restrain myself from having 2 projects torn apart at the same time. It's real hard with knowing the 245 seems to be stuck in body shop purgatory. (and the driveline).

Sending the T6 stuff to a different shop (Ben @ Rolling Motors) instead of my normal shop. My guy had cancer while he's in the clear as of about a year now, he's waaaaay behind on work. I haven't been pushing him on the T5 and that honestly gave me the chance to get the block back and send it to Roger for the closed deck conversion. Figured might as well do both.

I also have 272* cams coming for the T6 and a couple other odds and ends already. Should be a lively motor.

In the mean time, been enjoying driving the truck a lot lately
167771124.jpg

The local guys really like Ben (he's about 45m from me). I haven't had occasion to use him yet, but might call him up to connect me with dyno tuning sometime.

That's a great photo! This is the time to let things go a bit slower. Don't do two projects at once. One at a time and when it's the time for the next you'll be ready. The truck is awesome giving you all something to enjoy while the Volvo project slowly comes together.

After 18 months of virtually no action at the body shop, suddenly I'm a priority and they are working on it. That's great I guess (just have to figure out how I'm paying for it suddenly). I think we're only a couple weeks from color according to them.

168934892.jpg

168934893.jpg

168934894.jpg

168934895.jpg

168934896.jpg

They are putting it on the rotisserie to cut and replace the one questionable floorpan. It wasn't bad, but I'm in this far (and 6 years) might as well do it.

I'm also having a bit of an internal debate. The plan has been Verde Chiaro for years ... but I really like Subaru's Cool Grey Khaki
168934897.jpg

or
168934898.jpg

Hmmm.

Fresh paint, seriously exciting!

I'd drop a coin in the Fiat cup given the two choices. I'm not big on that Subaru color. One it kinda just looks like soft Scotia Blue, which is a pretty well represented color. Also it's a little too "west palm beach powder blue lincoln town car" for me, they just hipped it up a bit by mixing in a little "it's 2019 and everyone needs a grey".

40177549970_a173276555_b.jpg

It's hard for me, often, to picture 240's in these modern two stage paints. Something to keep in mind is the wagon is sorta a slab side vehicle, especially compared to the cars you're seeing it on. So the shadows and shades on the modern cars will just be one big sheet of color on the side of the wagon. Just something to keep in mind when watching colors move in the light.

Back