• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Redesigned idler arm bushings for amazon, 1800, 140, 164

malloy1

Have anybody seen this:

$T2eC16JHJFoE9nh6m9qIBRBZCkJyWg~~60_57.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Redesigned-...vo|Model:122&hash=item19d87a909d&vxp=mtr#shId

I know Superpro is starting to make the bushing in Poly, but I haven't heard of anybody using one, or even if you can buy them.

Paul

The Superpro ones are finally available, I've got one of the prototype's on mine right now, but they are pricey for some reason.

That is indeed an interesting idea but I'm curious about a few things.

Is there an inner sleeve with it as well?
Does the arm go on first then the sleeve?
Why the need for sleeve retainer, when the arm is supposed to be a press fit, and I'd assume the sleeve would be as well?

Definitely a good concept if implemented right!

Hi,

I'm the producer of these bushings, at the time i did start designing them there wasn't a solution for the old bushings wich were already worn BEFORE assembly.
These bushings use the grease lubrication like the old type's amazon and have no play at all!
There is an inner bushing so your idler arm shaft will not wear, wich eventually will happen with the pu bushings.

Sorry for my bad english if there's more questions feel free to ask :)

Kind regards,

Kevin

I may have questions when I get the one I purchased, but I assume it's a straight forward installation.

Here's the idler kit I got today:

Idler_zpscfd51791.jpg

Three pieces with instructions. Inner steel sleeve (which needs to be loctite onto the shaft), the brass bushing (the arm needs to be loctite on the brass bushing), and a grease collar (which needs to be loctite on the brass bushing).

To me, it looks like the brass bushing is the only part that's really needed. The inner sleeve could be elimitinated by reducing the diameter of the brass bushing to fit the shaft directly, and the grease fitting could be fitted directly to the brass bushing hole for greasing it.

It looks like it will work very nicely as designed.

Is there an inner sleeve with it as well?
Does the arm go on first then the sleeve?
Why the need for sleeve retainer, when the arm is supposed to be a press fit, and I'd assume the sleeve would be as well?

1-Yes
2-Yes (The arm goes on the bushing, then the collar)
3-No, the collar is not a press fit. It may get crushed tight when the nut is tighten down to the shoulder shaft.

I don't an idler arm off a car right now, but will try and grab one this weekend and put it all together.

Last edited:
The inner bushing is so that your shaft does not wear and.
The other steel bushing is so that your arm never ever can glide down.
So for safety and durability it's that way;-)
Oh and the steel parts are almost free the bronze is expensive.

Have a lot of joy with it:)

Looks like a well thought out design to me. Congratulations and thanks for making replacement parts for the Amazons..........

Looks like a well thought out design to me. Congratulations and thanks for making replacement parts for the Amazons..........

This. This. This.

There are days where I look through catalogs crammed to the teeth with aftermarket things for Alfas and MGs and think "why can't there be a better aftermarket for Volvos?"

This. This. This.

There are days where I look through catalogs crammed to the teeth with aftermarket things for Alfas and MGs and think "why can't there be a better aftermarket for Volvos?"

Have you ever walked round CVI or VP?

The issue isn't that the parts aren't available, the issue is that people are too cheap to buy the decent stuff.

Edit

BTW that isn't meant as a dig that this kit isn't 'decent stuff' It looks rather nice to me. It's an excellent idea. I'm merely pointing out that despite so many cars surviving that when people tool up and make something the actual numbers sold tend to be tiny.

Last edited:
Back