• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

White 83 242 Commuter

Thanks, man!!!
Yeah, we ended up leaving early, and I regret not chatting with more people. Plus, you ditched me for breakfast. I did scope out your car though, and I love it! Props for making the drive!

Thank you! I appreciate that.

I only got one good shot at Davis, parked right next to another white 242 on Style5s:
bObPLkFl.jpg

Heyyyy nice! I'm kinda embarrassed about that crunched fender on mine lol :oops:

Did I miss the part where you put LED headlights in? Which ones did you go with? I still can't decide if I want to put a set in my 122 or just go with H4s.

Didn't you sell this thing?

Nope, I started to sell it but then pulled it off the market. The E46 I bought to replace it turned out to need work, so I continued to drive the 242 to work. Now that the E46 is sorted out, I'm putting the 242 back on the market. I've pulled some parts off such as the sways, strut tower braces, armrest, LED headlights, etc.. So the price will go down.

This time, I'll probably dump it straight onto Ebay this time though. PM me if you know anyone interested. I might sell the wheels separately too.

I just saved it from the crusher. Smog does suck here but the hoops you have to jump through are there but painfully stupid to complete

Glad it found a good home. Did you sell it with 12mm deep socket?

I just saved it from the crusher. Smog does suck here but the hoops you have to jump through are there but painfully stupid to complete

Glad it found a good home. Did you sell it with 12mm deep socket?

LOL! that socket. Didn't you pick it up the last time you were here? If not, I'll have to search through my toolbox. It looks different than mine, so it should stand out. I'll ship it over to you if I find it.

242 M46 1983 Commuter continues on!

I posted this on Thomas' other thread but thought I'd copy it here as well.

Hi folks, I just wanted to let you know how this story ended, or in my case started anew.

I've been a member for years but have only lurked. A job change necessitated the purchase of a commuter car. Craigslist searches turned up this car and when I showed it to my son he said he'd seen the car on TB and found this thread for me. Reading through Thomas' thread made me feel confident in the car and the work he had put into it. I contacted him and he was kind enough to pick me up at the San Jose airport. We drove back to his workplace and had a great talk about all things Volvo and many things automotive.

I then jumped in the car and headed to his dad's place to pick up the spare fender. Got to experience some of that famous California traffic as it was about 5pm. Picked up the fender and hit the road for Utah. 840 miles and one 3 hour nap later, I was home.

Just want to thank Thomas for all his help and the fantastic job he did on the car. It was a pleasure meeting such a nice guy. The car ran great, no issues at all cruising around 75 to 80 mph for about 11 hours.

I've got a few things to tinker with as I daily drive this 242 and will start a thread to cover that as well as a 122 /B230ft project I've got.

Thanks for all the good info and help you all provide.

Craig

mVQ8RxAl.jpg

Crossing the Salt Flats
Nj3K74Ol.jpg

The new member of the family.

Not pictured: my son's 1970 142 (formerly with an Honda F20C, met with a deer), His 1978 242 GT project, My 1987 244 (Lemons or Gambler 500 prospect) and a 1968 122 (getting a b230ft)

Last edited:
Welcome, if you can take a joke you will do well here.
Use imigur for pictures
Buy an upgraded wiring, although hasn't given any issues but is falling apart. I got one just for you ;)

Back