• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

NorCal, September 26th. Work day/BBQ, Help Logan get his 242 going again

SwedishBrick242...

Trying to get somewhere
Update: This is canceled. I'll try to set something up later. I'll still be getting work done on the car now and then, but this day got over complicated. Thanks anyway!

It's about that time... I am pretty sure I have everything set to put it all back together and finally get my 242 in drivable condition again. I'm going to do some final prep work this weekend, so next Sunday we can drop in the motor and tranny and start hooking everything back up. After this weekend, I will take some pics and let you all know what is left to be done. Most of it is going to be motor, tranny, and reassembly of some front body work and the entire interior...

Basically, this is what I am thinking:
I'll start working at 9am.
Break for lunch whenever people start getting hungry. Probably order a pizza.
Get back to work!
BBQ dinner at around 6pm-ish. Tasty burgers, shrimp and some other stuff will be served.
Work until exhaustion, or whatever... I live in a quiet neighborhood, so we'll probably have to wrap it up when it gets dark.

Cold water and good beer will be supplied.

Whenever anyone wants to show up, that's fine. Any and all help is hugely appreciated!
I have tools to do pretty much everything needed, but if anyone has an extra set to bring along, or anything they think will come in handy, that will be much appreciated.

If you would like to come and just hang out, that's ok, but I really want to focus on getting this thing going.

I am located in Menlo Park. Post up if you can make it so I can know how much food and drink to supply! I'll PM my address to those on the list.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I already have something planned for that Saturday. Some other stuff is coming up as well... Since it is getting over complicated, I'm going to have to postpone this.

Thanks anyway, but this is tentatively canceled.

Yeah, there were just too many variables, so I couldn't do it and hope for everything to fall into place in time. Not sure when I will be able to reschedule this, so I will probably just piece it together myself over time. It's looking fairly good though, so I should be able to get the car done before the rainy season anyway.

Just buy my 242 already Logan, swap over your goodies and install an EMS, and you'll have another 242 in a quick enough time to wreck it when the rains come. :-P :rofl:

...and I still want to swap you my Propus Cs from the 142 for your Eikers. :oogle:

Back