• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Mr.Borrie's 760 TIC

Ever since the install of the new turbo and the bondo header i had the same issue as i had a year ago.
Car would not spool up further than 5PSI, and like a year ago at idle after a little drive in front of the lights there is a Growl out of the engine and then sounds more aggressive.

To see if the same thing has happened as before i pushed WR hard from the light and yes there she is again boosting up till close 10's making the back all wiggling and tires burn up from launch.
Its so wierd like the chips needs to be learn every change to the engine or maybe its just the crappy motronic Air valve that starts working, who knows.

You know what my answer is going to be ;-) Even if it's not Motronic...get rid of it anyway :) The chips learn nothing, by the way....Motronic is not adaptive.

What was the boost issue last year? Is it misfiring, or just not making the boost it should? Is the wastegate leaking? Do you have a boost leak?

cheers

James

You know what my answer is going to be ;-) Even if it's not Motronic...get rid of it anyway :) The chips learn nothing, by the way....Motronic is not adaptive.

What was the boost issue last year? Is it misfiring, or just not making the boost it should? Is the wastegate leaking? Do you have a boost leak?

cheers

James

Yah boost leak makes since right, been looking everywhere and just kinda gave up like last time, still i'm making at least 4PSI more with no adjustments.

Do you know anyone who could do a smoke test (i.e. bung the intake, then fill the boost pipes with smoke under pressure) for boost leaks?

Do you have a wideband yet? A boost leak should show it reading richer than usual.

cheers

James

Do you know anyone who could do a smoke test (i.e. bung the intake, then fill the boost pipes with smoke under pressure) for boost leaks?

Do you have a wideband yet? A boost leak should show it reading richer than usual.

cheers

James

Still waiting on the wideband to be assembled again, got all the parts though.
Dont know anyone that can do a smoke test ether

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2HvMtabF4ck&hl=nl&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2HvMtabF4ck&hl=nl&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Most garages can. Worth a try, if you're friendly with one?

cheers

James

true i might go to the dyno soon, maybe they can rule some stuff out for me

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2HvMtabF4ck&hl=nl&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2HvMtabF4ck&hl=nl&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

wow that is long agoo

Great thanks to the snow and the disability of a BMW driver White-Rice now has a estimate of E1250 before tax of damage.
Poor thing never had a change being parked.. thankfully the driver did leave a note so i hopefully will get some cash to fix her up.
I hope they dont write her off..

img0844f.jpg

img0843v.jpg

Is that all? It looks like the scuffs on the arch and door will polish out, and possibly the one on the bumper too. If not...a quick re-paint should see that straight. The arch is a bit of a pain, but I think a weld-on-nail dent puller gadget would go a long way on that.

cheers

James

not that bad

Is that all? It looks like the scuffs on the arch and door will polish out, and possibly the one on the bumper too. If not...a quick re-paint should see that straight. The arch is a bit of a pain, but I think a weld-on-nail dent puller gadget would go a long way on that.

cheers

James

yah its not bad, just annoying to have the fuss

If you're going to scrap it, sell me the rear bumper bro.

GTFO Dude you go scrap that piece of Citro?n :-P

So a little update, damaged turned out to me way less around 500 euro's
The damage repair shop was happy I kept the money they felt like it was going to be hard to get it fixed for that amount (they had to if i wanted though)
Also we both turned 24 (well WR is a late 86 but a celebration is in order)

img1032p.jpg

Last edited:
Today i finally installed them Mah IPD swaybars with poly bushings!
When i was done it started raining.... It felt EPIC!!!!

I got 2 drivers pointing there finger to there heads looking all angry so i assume it looked epic too.. Sweet i this should be one of the first upgrades when you get some powahh

img1167v.jpg

img1168k.jpg

img1170k.jpg

img1172k.jpg

Seem to have resolved the burning wire issue's .. got special wires from cravingboost.com for the Bondo header specially made for me since i burned up the normal once in one race ..Thanks for hooking me up John

img0149b.jpg

img0150v.jpg

Back