• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Pdx dl

Yep part of the 200K mile M47 experience for sure.

BTW did you actually floor the car, or are you just wishing for more power at 1/2 throttle?

Bwahaha! Yeah baby! Winding 3rd with the hammer down. The roadside was a blur and traction was sketchy. Those hamsters were getting a workout.

:rofl:

Actually it was the road that was "winding" now that I re-read my post. I never exceed the posted limit.

Last edited:
With as much power as the NA motor makes, I'm thinking the turbo would be just plain irresponsible.

:wtf:

I mean, my 240, with its tight as a drum "more like 2.4L now" rebuild is the most powerful RWD Volvo I've driven other than idling Acurry's 242 around a parking lot, but it's still in desperate need of moar power.

Oh mine runs again. Inspected every piece of wiring under the hood, found nothing but unplugged/re-plugged in everything so maybe I helped something reconnect. Did spark plug wires at the same time. Just took it on a 500km road trip, loving life.

Oh mine runs again. Inspected every piece of wiring under the hood, found nothing but unplugged/re-plugged in everything so maybe I helped something reconnect. Did spark plug wires at the same time. Just took it on a 500km road trip, loving life.

That's great news! Just in time for car show season. Still working killer hours?

I mean, my 240, with its tight as a drum "more like 2.4L now" rebuild is the most powerful RWD Volvo I've driven other than idling Acurry's 242 around a parking lot, but it's still in desperate need of moar power.

Yeah, I'm still trying to get this turd to stage .5. I mostly just cruise around on the surface streets running errands. It was a thrill to take it on a winding road. It did, however, become apparent that the old girl could use some more oomphf when pulling a grade. Oh well. Lots of time to play. Glad to be here.

The 454 in my old '73 C10 was a torque monster. It would burn the 275's through first and second. Really fun!

Picture%20035-M.jpg

Thermostat: On carbureted vehicles I usually run 185*. On EFI I run OE temp, usually 195*, so the computer doesn't enrich the fuel on a cold motor. Is the 195* the best for my application?

Heater core by pass: My core leaks. It's on the "to do list." Any point in by passing it? How is it done?

my chevy deuce had a leaky heater core... i just re routed the hoses so the inlet hose went to where the outlet re connected on the engine. its not too bad to do and realistically you could just get some clamps and put a barbed fitting between the two hoses that meet at the firewall just to keep the coolant circulating in the hoses until you get around to crossing that off the "to do" list.

my chevy deuce had a leaky heater core... i just re routed the hoses so the inlet hose went to where the outlet re connected on the engine. its not too bad to do and realistically you could just get some clamps and put a barbed fitting between the two hoses that meet at the firewall just to keep the coolant circulating in the hoses until you get around to crossing that off the "to do" list.

block it off, looping it back without a valve just loops back HOT water to the inlet of the pump. Get a 3/8" ball valve and use that to connect the hoses. Open the valve to burp the cooling system, then shut it off until you change the core.

I grew up in Michigan. 90% of the cars on the road were from Detroit. Just figured this was normal. Got my first "real" job in LA and was shocked to find that imports had a huge market share there. 20 years later, I move Portland OR and it seems that every other car is a Brick. Curious little cars. But some of them are kind of neat. I recalled reading the car magazines from my Michigan days on how the turbo was taking on the RX7, etc.

Just got back from the family vacation to NYC. Ran up to Montreal. Beautiful country. And the drivers are noticeably better about lane usage. But I saw only one 240, and I was looking. It's good to be home were there is a Volvo on every corner.

Back