home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > Mechanical > projects & restorations

Old 01-24-2019, 12:56 PM   #226
gsellstr
Vintage anti-ricer

The ease of tuning and the full dataset is very helpful indeed. LH when tuned right is damn fun and reliable as well, so it's kind of a tossup. I'd go MS right now except I'm making very solid progress on LH. lol
Mick Starkey "TrickMick" 1/10/14
Mark Baldwin "blue850t5" 7/19/18
Nick Fengler "fengler" 8/6/18
Thomas Fritz "stealthfti" 10/11/18

74 144 B20
http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=224983

90 745Ti
http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=334698

If you need Superpro bushings PM me for price and availability!
gsellstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 10:25 AM   #227
Uncleknucklez
bruspeed

I threw a pipe in for the intake side, and am officially rid of the LH24 stuff (was usiing the MAF as an air filter adapter)

Plan to pull all the pipes, valve cover, and radiator slam panel and coat it all in black semi gloss paint at my shop.

The car starts right up, cold starts are pretty good now, I have been working on the Accel enrich settings, and the overrun fuel cut. Next is to try my hand at closed loop in preparation for the summer when I'm blasting A/C.

Uncleknucklez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 10:51 AM   #228
gsellstr
Vintage anti-ricer

Sorry, been meaning to get up your way, just ain't happening. Overrun is cake, settings that were in there were pretty decent. AE isn't too bad as long as you have a good base map. Closed loop, again not too bad as long as you have a good base map and good AFR map.
gsellstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 11:06 AM   #229
Uncleknucklez
bruspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsellstr View Post
Sorry, been meaning to get up your way, just ain't happening. Overrun is cake, settings that were in there were pretty decent. AE isn't too bad as long as you have a good base map. Closed loop, again not too bad as long as you have a good base map and good AFR map.
No worries, We will get together soon.

I am still using your overrun fuel cut settings for the most part, I did try and get closed loop working, but was having issue with a lean 15.5 afr idle, and it doesn't really like that. Turns out I found a vacuum leak and that was most likely the culprit, So I will try again.

Vacuum leaks are really apparent in idle tuning with MS I am finding. Maybe my settings are just on the verge.... But that's part of the fun RIGHT?!?
Old 01-30-2019, 02:57 PM   #230
Vol242vo
Board Member

So clean.

Derek - 1980 242
Vol242vo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 04:17 PM   #231
Tfrasca
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncleknucklez View Post
No worries, We will get together soon.

I am still using your overrun fuel cut settings for the most part, I did try and get closed loop working, but was having issue with a lean 15.5 afr idle, and it doesn't really like that. Turns out I found a vacuum leak and that was most likely the culprit, So I will try again.

Vacuum leaks are really apparent in idle tuning with MS I am finding. Maybe my settings are just on the verge.... But that's part of the fun RIGHT?!?
A vacuum leak between the manifold and head? Just wondering out loud how a MAP sensor system is affected by vacuum leaks.
Tfrasca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 06:07 PM   #232
Uncleknucklez
bruspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vol242vo View Post
So clean.
Thanks a ton! Small wheel bois!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfrasca View Post
A vacuum leak between the manifold and head? Just wondering out loud how a MAP sensor system is affected by vacuum leaks.
This was just a vacuum hose for the evap system before the throttle plate, but it idled leaner than normal, very similar to LH when there is a vacuum leak in the system. I suppose the issue could be different per install, based on how your throttle plate is adjusted and how much PWM you are using for your IAC? Now that you mention it, It made sense until I started really thinking about it