• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Volvobrage's widened 242

;-) nice project, good job
Thanks alot!:)
Did you crush those perfect headlights :(

Hahah. I was thinking "I sure could use those headlamps"
Yes indeed:-P Not the first set I have crushed either:-P

Next time I'll take them off and keep them, and when I have collected 4-5 set I will send them over to you guys if you pay the shipping:-P

Welded on some Mounts on the underside of the radiator.

Drilled the intecooler Mounts.

The intercooler har Perfect Width compared to the radiator, hoping it will fit in the car:)

Welded both ends on the strut brace.

Mounted the front lip on the bumper I took of the white 240.

Rear bumper.

Finally got the warning lights and switches, think they will look awesome togheter With the VDO gauges!:)

Can be mounted will the big ring outside or only the front of the light outside. I will Mount it so only the front is outside the plate:)

Also ordered some Nice el window switches from the same Place.

Drilled the holes in the engine Mount to 10,5mm, they were only 9mm so I couldn use M10 bolts.

And welded the collector and flange for my Brother also, ready to start the building process:)

Got a fire extinguiser(?:p) for the car, will Mount in the coupe so it can be reached from the driverseat.

One Mount like this in each end.

Really rough surface, will smooth them up and Paint them.

Lid for the trunk filling With key:)

Better pic of the chairplates finished, really happy With how they came out:)

Trimmed the lighthousing and supportbrace after a quick test With the radiator and intercooler.

Spotted the Mounts for the New "crossover" and mounted everything.

Good clearence:)

Covers the front really nice:-D

Radiator will be little more out front the front plate than in this Picture.

Tested the strutbrace, looks good I think!

Just hoping it will Clear the hood:-P

Overall Picture:)

Lookin good! I got a question on your intercooler though.
Wouldn't the input/output of the FMIC be restrictive if they aren't trimmed/funneled down? Seems like there would be more "turbulence" on the FMIC output (cold side) than the hot side....as the air passing through would have to go right-left-right (swirling around the pipe ends)...instead of just going right.

Lookin good! I got a question on your intercooler though.
Wouldn't the input/output of the FMIC be restrictive if they aren't trimmed/funneled down? Seems like there would be more "turbulence" on the FMIC output (cold side) than the hot side....as the air passing through would have to go right-left-right (swirling around the pipe ends)...instead of just going right.

Not sure I understand everything you mean. But the backside of the cooler goes from 4" to 3" and meets the 90 degree albow in the back. In the front it will go directly in the 90 degree albow so I think it will work good:)But Im not sure tough:-P

Splitted the other rear Wheel and mounted the senter on the backside.

Grinded the spots inside after Welding in the tunell reinforcement.

And finished grinding the tunell reinforcement:)

Made some Mounts to bolt the radiator and intercooler togheter. Will weld them to the radiator.

Took the Wheels of since they were in the way, small difference compared to the LM Wheels:p

The reason for slow progress, waiting unpatient to leave the workshop:p

Welded the ic/radiator Mounts.

Tested in the car, need to fit the engine to see that it Clears the radiator before I fully weld the Mount in the car.

Will maye put some rubber between here, not sure yet.

Bolted the Wheels on the car With some 25mm spacers I borrowed from Beachee.

Tight With 25mm spacers:p

Here is the clearens on the inside, think it might be possible to run With 22mm spacers and gain some Space on the outside.

Mounted the wattlink.

This is the hight I will make the wattlink in.

Parts for the first pipe is ready.

Some more pics of the wheels:-D

Will look crazy With tires on:-P

Finished both wattlink pipes

Drilled holes for the main powerswitch plate.

Took the LM Wheels off and put the car on the ground again, last pics With the LM Wheels in Perfect hight!:D

Took this out from the Nissan micra brakepowerthing.

Cutted, welded and grinded.

Now the 240 main cylinder fits straight on.

Mounted the enginewall plates in the car.

Engine in again:)

Think I will weld AN8 bungs on both Places here and use AN Connections to get vacum.

The radiator cleared the engine very Nice.

Enginecontacts fits good!

Little bit cutting and Welding on the plate to fit this one.

Heater entrance will be moved here. Will just use 90 degrees albows to have a Perfect direction towards the engine outlets.

Started on a New exhaust manifold for my Brothers 740 T5:)Not finished, missing some parts for the last pipe.

Lovely manifold! One day i will need to make me one of those too, as the 16v will need something better than just a 90+ with the adapter plate :)

Lovely manifold! One day i will need to make me one of those too, as the 16v will need something better than just a 90+ with the adapter plate :)

Thanks alot!
I agree, a 16v head deserves a badass manifold:cool:

Think this thread needs some updates now...

Welded nuts for the fuel pump/filter plate.

Tested With the rubber for the IC and radiator, will get some smaller ones for the plate.

Mounted the intake flange to see, alot of Space for intake With the micra brake reinforcer:)

Took the IC pipes out and cutted them.

Welded back on.

And welded inside.

Drilled the holes in the gearshifter plate so I got all the bolts in:)

New bushnings for the geartransfer.

Took this of the BMW gear Box.

Cutted the end.

Welded together.

Gearpole in free position.

Mounted the hardy Connection.

And both driveshafts:)

And the beginning of a gearbox mount:-P

Had to shorten the gearbox Mount 8mm on the right side.

Drilled holes, will be grinded nicely ofcourse.

Mounted:)

1mm clearence to the floor on the exhaust side.

Welded some Things on a friends E46 M3 and got some 17" steelies for the job:)

Parts for New radiator/IC Mount, not happy With the old one.

New clutch and brake pedal. Not sure if the will be used tough, alot of People have questioned the strength on the brake pedal.

Ny AN Connection plate for the trunk i 3mm alu, New mainswitchplate With nicer design and a "flange" for covering the hole around the fuel filler pipe in the trunk.

Coolingfan cover for a V70 fan I bought from a friend:)

And a plate for the "BBS RS turbofans" replicas I will make for the steelies:)The Wheels will be widened also ofcourse. Think it will look awesome when its finished!Will be trackdays/street driving Wheels, the LM Wheels are to expencive to brake while "drifting" in the streets:-P

Tested the New mainswitch plate, looked much better than the old one.

The AN Connection plate also looked alot better in 3mm!

Finished Welding the intercooler:)But only pics of one side, the phone ran out of battery.

Back