• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Calling all Hoop-tays, Round 26 -- 2009 iPd Garage Sale

Cameron

ドクターマリ&#
Jolly Brickers,
It's close to that time of year again, and as usual, I want you all here for the Garage Sale. Additionally, we want show cars to represent a little TurboBricks pride. Last years thread for reference: http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=132935&highlight=hoopties

For the last couple of years I've organized the show cars. This year however, I will be out of the office for the preceding weeks leading up to Garage Sale, so Robert Cowgill (rcowgill@ipdusa.com) will be in charge of the show cars for 2009. So this year, if you want to be in the show please email him directly at rcowgill@ipdusa.com

For the show cars, we're looking for cars that are not the norm. i.e. we want cars that are different -- restos, projects, etc. That means you Jordan (yes I'm calling you out again!)/Captain Bondo/Danny/Poik/Adrian/Brett/Bergen (is it done yet?)/Kyle/Peter/every-one-else-with-a-cool-volvo. As mentioned above, email Robert if you would like to inquire about being in the show. In the email please include info on the car, pics and your contact info.

Questions? I have answers, so don't hesitate to ask!
ahh.gif

Edit: Show is 5/16/09 9:00am -- official details here: http://www.ipdusa.com/2009-ipd-Garage-Sale/blog-66

Last edited:
if some d-bag up in PDX wants to house me for the weekend, Id consider flying for for this (southwest wants $120 round trip, why the eff not?) or riding w somebody else (no wai in hell im driving the stripped 242 up w/ no AC/heat and 3.5" side exit)

why not drive the stripped 242? Stop being a pussy and just bomb up I-5. :lol:

edit: also, wish I could go, but I've already god plans that weekend. NEXT YEAR, THOUGH FOR SURE. apparently there's good shens up in the PDX for the iPd sale. Also, cheap stuff for my 240 sounds pretty nice, but I'm poor right now. :lol:

I would like to do this again but I don't have the time or the money.

Well, maybe I could fly up. The airport is right down the street.

How much of a "hooptie" are we talking about? I'm trying to bring the 164 back to it's former glory but it's probably not going to be done by then...

I still need to go rescue my car from the streets of North portland where it's parked. Only made it about a mile from PIR Sat night. I'm not sure what is wrong, might be the water pump or the motor is shot. Sure got hot. Might have lost oil pressure. Got the bus running today anyway.

Simon

This is totally lame - I've sent a couple of e-mails about a spot in the show and so far no response. Perhaps making the trip all the way from Alberta isn't worth my time. If you're going to put up posts asking for people to check in, how about looking at your e-mail (and I sent my request to Robert (rcowgill@ipdusa.com)). In or out - we're waiting.

this is totally lame - i've sent a couple of e-mails about a spot in the show and so far no response. Perhaps making the trip all the way from alberta isn't worth my time. If you're going to put up posts asking for people to check in, how about looking at your e-mail (and i sent my request to robert (rcowgill@ipdusa.com)). In or out - we're waiting.

+1

Sorry for the delayed response to the emails guys, I am almost caught up on all of them. We would love to have all you guys here! :nod:

You can email me or hit me up here and I will do my best to get back to you ASAP.
Thanks!

Back