• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

the heebspeed 940

internally and externally inflicted ownage is running out of control in my life right now...
Apparently after placing the order with summit, it got lost/canceled/no record of it at all. Got shipment notification for the fuel pump and hadn't seen anything from the big S, so I logged in to check... and lo and behold, no record of any of it. So much for the PP interface. The silver lining (if you will) was that I caught a mistake I made when I ordered the pump.. forgot to add the installation kit to the order, so I piggybacked it onto the summit order.

geeezzz. still should be good for a saturday installfest, that is if I don't do it tomorrow after work.

bah. Amazon fails me again. I think I'm going to press charges for this abusive relationship. I keep getting pistol whipped and I keep crawling back :(

ok, all the junk is here except for the submersible high pressure hose. Parts house should have that though (o reilly's does)

piece of ****. new pump installed, identical issue as before. no wildly fluctuating pressure, and yet, it'll sit there and surge and drop out rich lean rich lean.. scaling the req fuel had zero effect (btw this is at cruise at ~1800 rpms). no blow out, just acts like the key was cut off and back on and back off and back on, but without the resets. bouta reach for a match.

hahahahaha

well, found loose grounds on the coils, goddamnit. that appears to have solved that issue, now we're back to square one maybe.

back to tuning. cruise surge is still there, but the random knocking appears to be gone under load, and it's back to starting to bring the pain. Got solid barking of tires at 90mph going into 3rd.

after looking at the datalogs, yeah, it's running somewhere around 10ish psi. spikes on the 2-3 shift to (gasp) 12, but doesn't stay up there. I need to increase the shift-timing-retard time and amount, and start really hashing out the fuel map now that I'm more or less settled on the fuel system for a while. If I can get a decent tune on it and get the knock sensors to assist in the timing curve, I'll make the jump back to E eighty fizzle.

futzed around with the boost control a little, worked on the part throttle part of the map. Still have a surge/sag there that I can't nail down to just tune or just mechanical, so I'm trying to isolate that. changed break points on the rpm part of the map, may shuffle those around some more still.

bouta do some of the other long awaited cleanup items, too hot to get in the pool (shocking, I know), so I'll suffer on the carport, clearance the cross member for the downpipe, may space the entire rig down a little, definitely going to space down the center support.

car runs out fairly well tho at WOT, I think that part of the tune is getting close to good enough that I can start contemplating my fuel switch.

I did notice with the shift retard duration, that it starts before the shift and continues through the shift... that's kind of annoying when I really want it to pull timing during and after, rather than before.

Ok, so, got work done yeah. notched the subframe, more space for downpipes. Still have an exhaust leak at the wastegate outlet, got a couple ideas for that. spaced out the center support mount, positive gains there as well. Flipped the steering wheel over and re-set the clock spring, so all that works as intended now. I need to lower the transmission and the subframe (well, I need to lower the trans and the angles seem to indicate a need to lower the engine a little bit, be easier to space out the subframe a smoach rather than tear a bunch of stuff apart. Will need to address suspension up front before I do that though, it's already too close to the ground as is lol.

summer thermostat ordered, going to try and wire up the new injector clips after work and then set up the boost control to be a bit more aggressive (and/or maybe put extra springs in the gate if that doesn't work). Also gotta tidy a couple things up and re-do a couple plug wires on the turbo side of life. probably put new plugs in too now that things have settled down.

going to try and get it to the track friday evening weather and setup permitting.

aight, injector clips replaced, solenoid re-plumbed, got plugs and wires and t-stat left (and the t-stat ain't here). may do plugs tomorrow and address the one or two wires that are still a concern. plugs are going to be a wretched whore. well, half of them will be.

Did a stall test monday night, about 1500 before it pushes the front tires/blows the rears off. If I gotta take the trans out any time soon, it's gonna get re-stalled looser.

**** I dunno. almost the latest and greatest but not quite?

I haven't updated the trans software yet, really wish they'd decouple line pressure from tps (or at least make it selectable) and it'd be great if they'd implement at least one programmable output.

My rebuild kit implied that I did not reuse the pressure solenoid on the trans, he puts his own regulator on the valve body that is mechanical. I'm having a problem with slow reverse engagement, so I also have a slow transbrake engagement too. There is a part about it on the rebuild instruction but it's so vague I wouldn't be surprised if my reverse band piston "shaft" was too short for a quick engagement.

You activated the TCC back?

yeah TCC is in OD only right now due to it's somewhat erratic behavior elsewhere. I should probably upgrade to the newest shift firmware to see if that resolves it

it does seem to randomly shift into OD and then back out into 3rd, I'm going to call jake's and see if that's electronic or possibly mechanical in nature.

Back