• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Vancity Volvos

I might tried to get it welded, but since I have to do the head gasket anyway, I was thinking maybe that's the route to go. Also, nice shiny new powdercoated valve cover for it. :-P

Yeah, if you are going to pull the head anyway, it should be easy to remove the stud.
Got a picture? I might be willing to take a crack at it.

You broke one of the top studs? One of the ones that holds the cover down? Pull the cover off and then put some vice grips on the remaining bit? Warm up the aluminum a bit if you need to. But it should come out. Its just a stud is it not? If not, get some reverse drill bits, grind the it flush with the head and start drilling, I can't see them being a hardened steel?

Jordan

Saw this one on the way home from work a few weeks ago.

DSCF0208_zpsc8q63x62.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Yeah, if you are going to pull the head anyway, it should be easy to remove the stud.
Got a picture? I might be willing to take a crack at it.

You broke one of the top studs? One of the ones that holds the cover down? Pull the cover off and then put some vice grips on the remaining bit? Warm up the aluminum a bit if you need to. But it should come out. Its just a stud is it not? If not, get some reverse drill bits, grind the it flush with the head and start drilling, I can't see them being a hardened steel?

Jordan

Pfft, this is a job for more silicone.

4 liters added an oil change is normal, right?

I'll check it later. The n00b status is strong with this one.

Oh wow, who is *this*?

http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/cto/5012331902.html

1984 Volvo 245 Turbo, Beautiful & Rare - $4000 (Vancouver)

Very rare opportunity to pick up this classic Volvo. One of the original sport wagons but this one has some great upgrades.

It's been off the road for three years and requires a fuel line flush, otherwise it runs great. Could be a great addition to any Volvo lover's garage.

Features:
- four speed + overdrive manual transmission
- power windows, locks and mirrors
- clean interior
- custom copper paint
- extra large canvas sunroof
- tinted windows
- dog gate
- Thule sport rack with canoe adapter
- keyless entry
- alarm system
- CD player and rear mounted speakers
- tires have lots of life
- brakes and radiator most recently replaced
- Virgo alloy wheels
- custom rear spoiler

Serious inquires only please.

That canvas sunroof changes that from a $4000 Volvo to a $500 Volvo, in my opinion.

Super nice otherwise, assuming the K-jets isn't clogged.

Wow that 245, haven't seen a red one in ages, where was that one? And I like the wing on the red 940T.
but the winner here is that beat 244, I love the rack, swap a B230FT in it, keep the wheels/patina, chop everybody at the lights!

Anybody needs some Volvo-type bits? I've got a full E-fan setup, 25mm rear old-style ipd 7/9 live axle sway, as well as some other bits.

I vote for basementsausage2k15 part deux for distribution of said parts. If your lady friend is pregnant tb can chose the sex of the child correctly. There were way too many girl napkins left at the last basement sausage.

I vote for basementsausage2k15 part deux for distribution of said parts. If your lady friend is pregnant tb can chose the sex of the child correctly. There were way too many girl napkins left at the last basement sausage.

Does this mean Jason Jr. is a girl? Confusion sets in...

#BasementSausage2k15Part2ThePorkening likely will not happen, not in the next couple of weeks anyways. I'm just movin' on out, so dad says stuff has to be gone. Realistically I'll be keeping my transmission as a monument to my failure to do things and my shocks and maybe a couple of other bits but otherwise I just don't have room for stuff.

Jesse, you can always donate any of your unwanted Volvo discards - my hoard happily accepts all the Volvo parts I put into it.

Back