• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

14th Annual Davis Swap Meet, Car Show & Auto-X - Apr. 28-29

Anyone got a Really big helmet? :oops:

I've been trying to find one too :-P I think XL MIGHT fit me, pretty sure I'm a 2x.

I'm seriously considering going to the local indoor karting place and seeing if I can borrow one for a deposit, or see if I can buy one or something.

serious suggestion.

Should we write V O L V O on the tarmac before we setup the course?

http://i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr191/Magnumte/Volvo/2012-1.jpg
2012-1.jpg

I kinda want my burn outs to be seen from space, don't you? :oogle:

(I'll bring a pair of burners on hydras)

although there's no way the Gold car can do 100ft burn outs

Last edited:
In light of this being the trial run for using this space, I think the Volvo tire marks are a bit over the top. I like the idea, but I like using a bigger lot again next year better.

If you make the course spell volvo and you run 1000 runs during the day, you'll have enough rubber down to see it from space. so invite all your friends with soft racing tires to come out and play

38.907085,-76.860733

our usual lot always has some marks on it

YES, PLEASE! Shall we start a thread, or just clutter here? How about leave from the Shell station off Kruse way at 9am? As in, be there at 8:30/8:45? Doable?

Where is that? I'm not sure if we'll be able to make it down to the south side that early... But we are targeting to be leaving the shop by 9... Will be towing at least one so probably wouldn't be able to keep up with the convoy anyhow :)

Where is that? I'm not sure if we'll be able to make it down to the south side that early... But we are targeting to be leaving the shop by 9... Will be towing at least one so probably wouldn't be able to keep up with the convoy anyhow :)

The 76 station that I believe he is refering to is on Bangy Road. It is just off of the 217 I5 intersection to the east of I5.

I am down for this start time and I will be towing down as well (as long as the weather holds out).

Sean

Try harderrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
The 76 station that I believe he is refering to is on Bangy Road. It is just off of the 217 I5 intersection to the east of I5.

I am down for this start time and I will be towing down as well (as long as the weather holds out).

Sean
Correct! Except, the satellite view on Google maps tells me it's a Shell station. I haven't been by there in a while so I don't know for sure, either way.

Hey, I just made my reservation for the car show Saturday!
I'm going to be in San Fran Thursday, Friday, Saturday before the show. Is there anything in particular that I should check out while there?

Heya, I'm wondering if anyone has some RWD steelies with a little bit of tread on 'em? I'll be at Davis on Sunday and will gladly take them off of your hands.

thanks

In light of this being the trial run for using this space, I think the Volvo tire marks are a bit over the top. I like the idea, but I like using a bigger lot again next year better.

There goes that "bad boy" image, right out the window.

Back