• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

740t main fuel pump numbers

stim

Need the entire bosch number for 1990 740t wagon- now have 2 on bench 1 in car and lost which is original. With incessant cavitating I want to go back to zero with a new pump filter check valve combo and hopefully not crawl under car again.
Just for kicks, without raising any dust is there a collective opinion on 'as good as bosch' pumps?
Have an ice day

Indeed Carter does

Not too pricey i suppose- what baffles me is Bosch numbers. Have found at least several number sets on 740's and wish i could know the designation [year? day/night shift?]
580 464 339..... 580 464 025

Right?

Whatever you do don't give IPD $100 for the right thing.

$100 to iPd + $12 shipping probably, then another week-2weeks to get it to MO....Rock auto FTW. Don’t forget your 5% off coupon that is ALWAYS available to anyone.

Edit: $82.84 shipped to your front door from rock auto:cool:

and from memory to this gnashing of teeth, aren't the last digits of the turbo pump 044?

OP, you can check TASCAparts.com and confirm it. When in doubt, find NOS German made BOSCH.....and mission accomplished.

and from memory to this gnashing of teeth, aren't the last digits of the turbo pump 044?

OP, you can check TASCAparts.com and confirm it. When in doubt, find NOS German made BOSCH.....and mission accomplished.

That may be the case, but if dimensions are the same, I wouldn?t worry. The NA pump flows plenty enough for most people?s applications.

Never heard of ipd suppliers. They don't come up in search lists that i've noticed. No matter-
Thanks for info ALL

Filter sock shows no evidence of clogging- does a new one appear the same as a clogged one?
Never seen a new one. Installing a new filter on this account first, much as I love pulling in tank fuel pumps.

Filter sock shows no evidence of clogging- does a new one appear the same as a clogged one?
Never seen a new one. Installing a new filter on this account first, much as I love pulling in tank fuel pumps.

The in tank pump is easy to replace too. Are you positive that yours works well? As per cleanflamretraps site, I installed an airtex E8778 over a couple of years ago and all is well. My OE Bosch pump was actually fine, it ended up being corrosion on the sending unit not passing enough current to power up the pump. I replaced it all.

Never heard of ipd suppliers. They don't come up in search lists that i've noticed. No matter-
Thanks for info ALL

100281 - Bosch - Main Fuel Pump - 9142045

fullsize_19092.jpg

So far> replaced main pump once with a used one and same result. Replaced entire in tank assembly twice [used] with same result. No evident corrosion or rotten rubber on anything, runs smooth to the ear. Main pump gets noisier as tank level lowers, with hesitation after stopping. Since the pump will not operate without full voltage i'm assuming it's ok and some clog factor is at hand.
Read somewhere if the fuel pressure valve isn't allowing return to tank this could cause surging [?]

So far> replaced main pump once with a used one and same result. Replaced entire in tank assembly twice [used] with same result. No evident corrosion or rotten rubber on anything, runs smooth to the ear. Main pump gets noisier as tank level lowers, with hesitation after stopping. Since the pump will not operate without full voltage i'm assuming it's ok and some clog factor is at hand.
Read somewhere if the fuel pressure valve isn't allowing return to tank this could cause surging [?]

Did you check/replace the rubber fuel line inside the tank? That causes issue below x amount of fuel. Also, voltage=/=current. Pumps can be receiving 12v but insufficient current. Voltage drop is what causes my car to stutter and die at high altitudes.

Back