• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Finally , 116 Pictures from Vallakra meeting

Justin Volvo said:
vallis05032.jpg

^^ That's some PLAYER ish..

Dale!!!...there's an idea for the new project car...

"i'm speedracin'...(on 20's...on 20's)...a wheels spinnin'...these h*es grinin'...i pulled up with the Volvo..."

:rofl:

ciao

ZyreX said:
Yes, license plate is the same..

Ah yes, so it is. Good eye.

On an unrelated note, I really need a swedish style front plate. These stupid U.S. license plates look like crap on these finely crafted sweedish automobiles.

Sorry to say, but to me it seems like its the same cars every year. A lot of ugly ones, and the same 240's with the same spoilers.

I dunno maybe im loosingmy love for volvo's. Its deff not the same as it was at first. 240's and 740's just dont do it naymore. Theyre getting too old and too...well old, i dont know how else to put it. And all teh new ones are totaly over priced FWD garbage. Even teh S60R doesnt really do it for me. Its fat and slow compared to every other car in that price range in that class, and the awd isn't aggressive at all. For the money spent on an S60R, i could get a slightly used E46 M3 and be an extremely happy man.

I really don't understand how you ppl can obsess over volvo's so much. They are nice and im still keeping mine, even though i just bougth a 325is. But they're not gods of the road.

Tha VZA said:
Dale!!!...there's an idea for the new project car...

"i'm speedracin'...(on 20's...on 20's)...a wheels spinnin'...these h*es grinin'...i pulled up with the Volvo..."

:rofl:

ciao

Sorry...that's just ugly... the car is nice but the wheels...:omg:

Mine will be somewhat more ummm...normal...except for the swaybars, lowering springs and reasonable wheels...

neurot75 said:
Sorry to say, but to me it seems like its the same cars every year. A lot of ugly ones, and the same 240's with the same spoilers.

I dunno maybe im loosingmy love for volvo's. Its deff not the same as it was at first. 240's and 740's just dont do it naymore. Theyre getting too old and too...well old, i dont know how else to put it. And all teh new ones are totaly over priced FWD garbage. Even teh S60R doesnt really do it for me. Its fat and slow compared to every other car in that price range in that class, and the awd isn't aggressive at all. For the money spent on an S60R, i could get a slightly used E46 M3 and be an extremely happy man.

I really don't understand how you ppl can obsess over volvo's so much. They are nice and im still keeping mine, even though i just bougth a 325is. But they're not gods of the road.

Well for me it's just that I wan't to drive something diffrent.. There are few Volvo 300-series turbos around here but you can coun't them with two hand fingers. And I would take 400-600hp Volvo 240 over M3 any day. Sensible? No. But who cares.. Cars are not supposed to be sensible. BMW's don't give me same feelings as Volvos do. BMWs come around here every corner, older 320's and 316's with fart cans, rich kids have new M3/M5 lookers and and older guys got real ones and 500/700-series.. Wasn't like that few years ago but now there are BMWs everywhere because prices of used car dropped because of the tax lowerings for imported cars. Only BMWs which have some "wow-factor" for me are the 635CSi or 850i/CSi, those are not seen everyday. And what I like about Volvos is that there are so much parts available and engines etc.. are modern enough but still quite simple so you can do much by your self. Also parts and cars are cheap enough for me but even if I had more money I would still drive Volvos but I would have also some other cars. But now I don't have so much money that I could keep many cars so I drive Volvo. ;) For me it's not about being the king of the road or some other bull**** about what someone else might think. I don't need ego boost from cars, this is a hobby and I do it because I like it.

neurot75 said:

That's funny. I think BMWs are incredibly boring. Where I live they are just as numerous as Volvos. High-performance BMW's and pretend-high-performance BMW's are everywhere. Not true for Volvos. That makes our cars more unique.

I also don't believe I ever heard anyone on this BB or anywhere else call any Volvo or group of Volvos the 'gods of the road.' I also don't think our discussions on here would indicate that we feel that way about them. On the other hand, many BMW on-line communities I have visited seem to take exactly that attitude...

Fuse said:
For me it's not about being the king of the road or some other bull**** about what someone else might think. I don't need ego boost from cars, this is a hobby and I do it because I like it.

Perfectly said :)

neurot75 said:

Well I can relate to what you say because when I first became interested in Volvos I thought they were so different when people in Sweden(and in the US) had been modifying them for a number of years already. It was basically a feeling that I caught on a little late I guess, sorta like when someone gets all excited over a band that you have grown tired of already. But although that "cool" factor has worn off, I still feel deeply attached to these boxy little cars and if you don't then maybe you're not a real fan of the Volvo.

BMWs are boring though...

blu92in99 said:
If that's an OEM front airdam then you need to start shipping those over to the US, as that was not a factory front airdam that we got.

Looks like the standard fare 7/9 series "with foglamps" e-code headlamps with DOT spec corner lamps. :e-shrug:

-Justin

That is an OEM airdam but not from a 240. It sure looks to me like the airdam from the early base model 850.

Agreed those are standard 940 e-codes, but with US corners.

Agreed it's becoming more of the same- not that the cars aren't nice though of course. Must... get... bodykits done. What a neat accomplishmentit would be to see stuff developed here on cars at Vallakra. :-D

Captain Bondo said:
That is an OEM airdam but not from a 240. It sure looks to me like the airdam from the early base model 850.

Agreed those are standard 940 e-codes, but with US corners.

Agreed it's becoming more of the same- not that the cars aren't nice though of course. Must... get... bodykits done. What a neat accomplishmentit would be to see stuff developed here on cars at Vallakra. :-D

Exactomundo Capitano. Airdam from the pre-95 850, with the accesory spoiler offered for these cars.

Captain Bondo said:
That makes alot more sense, thanks Kenny. Seems odd that they would trim it to fit with the 240 bumper instead of using the whole 850 bumper as others seem to do. Well, I guess odd is the wrong word. Different is the word, and different is good. ;-)

-J

volvo240tic said:
Thats a Volvo original spoiler. Dont know the name...
FIND OUT PLEASE! That spoiler is perrrrrfect. Bigger and better, yet not overly done. ;-)

For you guys cryin and whinin' over the "same ole cars". Build a new one or shut your holes. :-P

Paul (pwschuh) has had the "same ole' car" (245 turbo) since he special ordered it new and I still love seeing pics and reading stories about it.

I noticed the "240 GOD" (IMO) has built yet another new car (3rd that I know of). Funny that it doesn't mention his name anywhere, but I can always tell they are his cars. Same general theme, same wheels, lots of similarities and of course it's always the one I drool over the most. :-D

Can anyone guess which car it is?
I bet Dana knows which one it is, maybe Towery to as he has a good eye for these things too. ;-)

Back