Old 02-26-2018, 02:22 PM   #26
moise
Board Member

j'ai excatement la meme que toi de 1998 en 2.3
moise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 01:33 AM   #27
JerryJS8
der Junge

Any updates? How well does the car drift?
- 1990 744 16v (pegleg drift can)
- 1992 480 (Renault disaster)

- 1989 745 16v
- 1991 744 (SE) 16v Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordmaschine View Post
Try to recreate and see what happens, our crystall ball servers are currrently down.
JerryJS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 08:05 AM   #28
MrKrabs
Board Member

Time for an update I guess then!

Since last time I've mainly been putting miles on the car and upgrading what I break along the way.

-Updated my whole suspension, got rid of my chopped front springs with diesel ones with new Monroe inserts. Same treatment for the rear but with Koni Yellow's and HD springs. Rides and corners much better!

-My cheap lambda sensor pooped itself so replaced it with an OEM Bosch sensor from a mustang 5.0 and wired it in the stock Volvo connector. They're the same sensor but with a big price difference (guess which on is cheaper).

-Added a USB port with an integrated voltmeter on a switched circuit wired straight on the battery for the back seats, so my rear passengers have a place to charge their phone. Also for me when camping and sleeping in the back. That way I don't have to turn the ignition on for it to work and it allows me to see the charge of the battery so I avoid draining it.

-Overhauled the whole handbrake assembly with new parts everywhere.

-Last but not least charged the AC. I've never been in a car that blows this cold now!

All of this was in preparation my big "Eurotour" that I do every summer with my friends for downhill skateboarding competitions.

This year I got the upgrade of a roof box for a less cramped cabin as their's 4 or 5 of us in the car with all our gear!
I camp in the car for a month. As of right now I'm writing this from the back of the car in the middle of Italy.
Never thought I'd make it this far because last week I blew up my differential dropping the clutch at ~5k rpm hehehehe
I was lost somewhere in Czech Republic with my beloved broken Volvo.
Luckily enough, Sir JerryJS8 had a 4.10 1041 lying around 3 hours away from me. So I borrowed a mates car and drove to Germany to pick it up.

24 hours later it officially replaced my dead 3.73 1031 and I was back on the road!

Suuuuch a relief to know I could continue the tour keep on racing.
Hopefully things work out from now on.

Oh and going from 3.73 to 4.10 really helps this little 2.0 when it's not in boost, makes for a much more enjoyable and "peppy" car when in town. And I've only gained about 400 rpm in 5th on the highway which hasn't affected my fuel consumption to badly. With the added benefit of the G80 for better skids hehehe
Thanks again JerryJS8!

MrKrabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 10:46 PM   #29
Mbeas96
Board Member

Love the wagon! I've thought about switching to 4.10 for that reason, driving in town...but I told myself the highway would suck. And didnt do it.

My build thread: http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=340910
Mbeas96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 06:42 AM   #30
MrKrabs
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbeas96 View Post
Love the wagon! I've thought about switching to 4.10 for that reason, driving in town...but I told myself the highway would suck. And didnt do it.
I just did 3000 km's of highway driving across europe and it's definitely OK with the m90. The extra driveability in town is 110% worth it I'd say.
Old 08-01-2018, 07:32 AM   #31
JerryJS8
der Junge

Wait, what? You had a car lift you help you out?

Your pictures make me want to do a road trip as well, but not in the heatwave we've got going on right now! As far as your sportiv activities, do you happen to have any helmet cam footage of your downhill competitions !?!?!?

But very glad the swap ended up also being an upgrade
Old 08-01-2018, 07:45 AM   #32
MrKrabs
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryJS8 View Post
Wait, what? You had a car lift you help you out?

Your pictures make me want to do a road trip as well, but not in the heatwave we've got going on right now! As far as your sportiv activities, do you happen to have any helmet cam footage of your downhill competitions !?!?!?

But very glad the swap ended up also being an upgrade
Hehe yes I chickened out of doing it on my back in a grass field. Was a good decision though!

Here's a quick video or my friend who travelled in the 940 this year. This was last year's event, but give's you a good idea of how it works!
https://youtu.be/aVzDyswTAgo

And honestly, I'd encourage anyone to take their brick out for a roadtrip. Drive somewhere you've never been before. You actually build such a strong bond with the car. Awesome times!

Last edited by MrKrabs; 08-22-2018 at 05:10 AM..
Old 08-01-2018, 04:34 PM   #33
soclosenotnear
Board Member

Wow, I did a loooot of skateboarding when I was younger, but it was nothing like that. Didn't realize you guys were doing downhill. That's intense.
soclosenotnear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 10:25 AM   #34
JerryJS8
der Junge

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKrabs View Post
Here's a quick video or my friend who travelled in the 940 this year. This was last year's event, but give's you a good idea of how it works!
https://youtu.be/aVzDyswTAgo
I grew up racing enduro/motocross and doing 100+ foot jumps, but that crap is just crazy!