home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > Mechanical > projects & restorations

Old 06-01-2018, 07:46 PM   #126
volvoboy67
Board Member

Brown would be cool, and a nice consistent theme with interior, wheels, etc. I'm working on a 93 240 in pale green, dark brown interior and wheels. No plans for brown in the engine compartment, though. Loving the build this far, man!

Project DD: 1965 122s coupe, very lowered, bare shell resto with full custom paint, modded B18, M41 OD trans, staggered wheel and tire combo, lots of Dynamat.

Feedback here: http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=208560
volvoboy67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 12:49 AM   #127
hackster
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvoboy67 View Post
Brown would be cool, and a nice consistent theme with interior, wheels, etc. I'm working on a 93 240 in pale green, dark brown interior and wheels. No plans for brown in the engine compartment, though. Loving the build this far, man!
Thanks man. I am still toying with it right now. I told the wife about it and she said ehhhh.......why do you have an infatuation with Brown? Your car sounds like a great color combination.

Made a little progress on the car this weekend but not nearly what I wanted to get done.

Started going through the wire harness and splitting things out of it, getting things labeled and ready to do some tucking. I took all the tape off of the harness and cleaned each wire to remove the goo that was on it. Everything that is going to get cut or needs to be hooked up has been labeled.

This is a little in progress fun on the existing wiring harness, who said that this was a good idea.......

I tried out a new harness supplier on the recommendation of a friend of mine. We had a couple of stumbling blocks on him finishing up the harness and getting it out to me but it finally showed up saturday so I got it out of the box to find this at the bulkhead connections......I called him and he appologized and said that he was not happy with that either. If I wanted to send it back he would redo that connection and send it back out. I told him to send me a few things and Ill take care of it.

Its not horrible and the rest of the harness looks pretty good.

Things are pretty close here, you can see the dual bulkhead connectors in place. ( I have 4 wires to add to the bulkhead so the heat shrink needs to come off)

The new wiper motor in place and the wire tuck done on that harness to make it as clean as possible.

So I had a little time left after this, I messed around a little bit in the interior. These gen IV ECU is a great little piece and much much smaller to fit in places.

ECU on the right, Bussman fuses and relays on the firewall panel. This has damn near everything built into the harness and firewall connector, AEM Wideband, intercooler pump and modified to with with the LSA setup and T56.

Starting to look like something in the engine bay. I can keep on with the wiring but I need some parts. Fuel system parts, radiator and fans, rest of front suspension needs to get here or its just going to be lawn art.

Sean.

Last edited by hackster; 06-04-2018 at 12:50 AM.. Reason: Some idiot forgot to add a few pics...
hackster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 06:20 AM   #128
slow240
Home Schooled

This thing is (as usual in a hackster thread) getting rediculously rowdy rediculously quickly.

Keep it up, I come here for my fix daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodenpudden View Post
I'll polish your face

'81 242t, DD, project, epic funmobile.
build thread; http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=251729
'92 244. 601 red, stock, awesome.
http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=292524
'92 245. 601 red, stock, awesome.
'90 244. blue, tall, ghetto, fabulous.
http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=310740
slow240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 08:19 AM   #129
soclosenotnear
Board Member

Continued awesome work. You don't disappoint.
soclosenotnear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 08:22 AM   #130
nolift911
Board Member

Mad props on this and great attention to detail...how do you think a Coyote motor would fit in there?? - doing some long range planning for my 240 wagon
nolift911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 10:21 PM   #131
Texas240
Prius Owner

Are you using the Bosch 2 wire or 4 wire pump?
Old 06-05-2018, 10:25 AM   #132
hackster
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow240 View Post
This thing is (as usual in a hackster thread) getting rediculously rowdy rediculously quickly.

Keep it up, I come here for my fix daily
This helps keep me motivated to work on it so Thanks man!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soclosenotnear View Post
Continued awesome work. You don't disappoint.
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolift911 View Post
Mad props on this and great attention to detail...how do you think a Coyote motor would fit in there?? - doing some long range planning for my 240 wagon
I think you would either have to get super creative with the exhaust manifolds, other than that I dont think you would have any issues with it, Brake booster would probably be close to it.

Thanks for the props.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas240 View Post
Are you using the Bosch 2 wire or 4 wire pump?
I am ditching the factory pump setup all together. Supply and return will be capped off and the pump removed. I will retain it for the factory fuel level sender.

I am going to convert it over to a Holley 450 in tank setup with the big hydramat in the tank. I went back and forth on the fuel setup and in the end I wanted something clean and simple. By the time I added in a bigger pump, external regulator, hydramat, and all the fittings to make it work it was more expensive and way more complicated than the Holley setup. The setup I am using is rated for 875 hp and has an internal regulator set for 60 PSI all in the tank.

I will only have 4 fittings in the fuel system total from Tank to Rails, including the 10 micron fuel filter.

https://www.holley.com/products/fuel...e/parts/12-133

Had just a few minutes to work on this last night. Finally decided on and picked up a radiator for the car. I knew it was not going in the stock location with the forward facing water pump outlet so I got to work. I had to move it forward for clearance and hope that it will fit with the hood latch, its at the plating place still so wont know till later this week.

I stole the idea from another bricker for the rad location.

This is temporary as I have a fair bit more work to do around the cap opening and the top of that upper radiator panel.

Probably done for work on this thing for the week though, be on the road most of the week now.

Sean
Old 06-05-2018, 12:12 PM   #133
cosbySweater
Board Member

What radiator is that if you don't mind me asking? Have any specs?
1982 Ford Fairmont Futura, 4.8/th400, 8.8, mircrosquirt, 7875 turbo, 228/230 cam, Project Cheap Thrills

Quote:
Originally Posted by bricktop420 View Post
Thank you very much everybody... i now feel sufficiently retarded and will go cry in the corner...
cosbySweater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 12:36 PM   #134
hackster
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosbySweater View Post
What radiator is that if you don't mind me asking? Have any specs?
Northern 209620. It will have their dual fans and shrouds on it as well. Z40081.

I have had great luck with them for not a ton of money, have them in both Coyote swapped trucks. Mine has been on track in high humidity days at 106 degrees for 3 20 minute sessions and been just fine. Has idled down Las Vegas Boulevard in 100 degree weather for several hours and has never even gotten hot. Their matching shroud is killer too.

Sean
Old 06-05-2018, 05:41 PM   #135
M.H. Yount
Board Member

Pretty sure the Coyote is not even close to clearing the brake booster.....but hydraboost solves that.

Like the radiator position. Although, I had a condenser to squeeze in there too - so opted for stock radiator location and Corvette pulley spacing the get the extra couple of inches that way.
Old 06-05-2018, 06:48 PM   #136
hackster
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.H. Yount View Post
Pretty sure the Coyote is not even close to clearing the brake booster.....but hydraboost solves that.

Like the radiator position. Although, I had a condenser to squeeze in there too - so opted for stock radiator location and Corvette pulley spacing the get the extra couple of inches that way.
I have a giant front mount water cooler for the intercooler setup that needs to fit in front of that, and potentially the AC Condenser also down the road. I am thinking hood pins =)

Sean
Old 06-05-2018, 08:22 PM   #137
M.H. Yount
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackster View Post
I have a giant front mount water cooler for the intercooler setup that needs to fit in front of that, and potentially the AC Condenser also down the road. I am thinking hood pins =)

Sean
....or perhaps a redesigned hood latch support - I think that could be redesigned so the vertical support is both further forward and a smaller cross section. But, pins work too. BTW, Alan Groves makes a low mount A/C set up that will put a Sanden low on the passenger side opposite the alternator. Works great on mine.
M.H. Yount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 08:42 PM   #138
Texas240
Prius Owner

I meant intercooler pump
Texas240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 07:54 AM   #139
churd9
Just damn

Where I’d you get the firewall wire connectors I like those
Old 06-06-2018, 09:11 PM   #140
77volvo245
Board Member

Someone put a coyote in a 242 this year at IPD. They were running the stock masters

Last edited by 77volvo245; 06-06-2018 at 11:22 PM..
77volvo245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 02:17 AM   #141
cosbySweater
Board Member

I could not get the stock master to work with my t56, I'll have to look through my old build thread and see what I ended up using. If I remember it was a 3/4 bore willwood master
cosbySweater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 10:09 AM   #142
Stiggy Pop
Board Member

didn't paint the upper rad support?
Old 06-07-2018, 10:20 AM   #143
blkaplan
50 shades of beige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiggy Pop View Post
He didn't paint the rest of the car either.
Originally Posted by DarkKratoz View Post
The only safe bet is Ben.©
blkaplan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 10:22 AM   #144
Stiggy Pop
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkaplan View Post
He didn't paint the rest of the car either.
well yeah I got the thought behind that, but the upper rad is part and parcel of the engine bay to me? Just caught me by surprise.
Stiggy Pop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 12:08 PM   #145
hackster
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas240 View Post
I meant intercooler pump
Sorry....Bosch 2 wire, came highly recommended by some LSA swap folks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by churd9 View Post
Where I’d you get the firewall wire connectors I like those
Jolt Systems built the harness to my specs, they are not Mil- Spec but are pretty nice connectors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosbySweater View Post
I could not get the stock master to work with my t56, I'll have to look through my old build thread and see what I ended up using. If I remember it was a 3/4 bore willwood master
I am running a Wilwood 3/4" bore master cylinder.

Quote:
Quote:
well yeah I got the thought behind that, but the upper rad is part and parcel of the engine bay to me? Just caught me by surprise.
Didnt make sense to paint the rad support before doing all the metal work to it.

I am going to do some more work on this upper radiator panel before I get it painted. I am going to weld up the extra holes in it, I cut out the plugs for them last night. I am going to section out part of the upper rad mount to get rid of the extra mounting bosses also. I want it to look like it came this way from the factory.

Might have some time to work on it tomorrow or Saturday.

Sean
Old 06-07-2018, 08:41 PM   #146
Texas240
Prius Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackster View Post
Sorry....Bosch 2 wire, came highly recommended by some LSA swap folks.
I read that the stock 4 wire is a peta to wire up to run off stock circuit.
Texas240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 05:17 PM   #147
hackster
Board Member

What I started with...

Where we are at now...

There are a few things I would like to do still but to be honest I need to get this thing wrapped up and ready for paint. I am hoping I can get it in some high build tonight and drop it off next week for some paint.

I believe I am going to use the old upper radiator mounts to hold the support for the air intake tube.

Hope everyone is having a good friday.

Sean
Old 06-09-2018, 11:21 AM   #148
Mesoam
Board Member

i love how short the rad hose will be on that side, so tidy
Old 06-09-2018, 11:50 AM   #149
M.H. Yount
Board Member

Yup -- it's the upper hose that sometimes gets untidy on the LS swaps....
M.H. Yount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 01:31 AM   #150
55superbeetle
Board Member

Been following in Instagram, I'm a fan, such clean work.