• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Globex Corp presents: 255

Teardown is about 75% of the way there I think. Doors are gutted, tailgates gutted. Not sure how to pull the glass from the rear hatch and stuff so before I tow it to get media blasted I might stop at the body shop next door to me at work and see if they can do it.

152318744.jpg

152318745.jpg

152318746.jpg

I have 4 giant boxes filled with just crap from the interior!! I figure I have 50/50 odds of putting the doors back together correctly on the first try. LOL

so, how does the headliner come out of a 245? Just starting to get to that point. Obviously the handle bars and mirror comes down but never pulled a headliner before. It's in reasonably good shape, i'm hoping to get it down without mangling it.

Should be a lip on the headliner with a plastic edge that folds over a steel lip on the body side. Carefully pull a corner back a little til you can get a start on the edge and work your way around, then you'll need to pull the braces out once you have the vinyl pulled loose.

Gutsy, low down blues picker with a great outlook!

Agreed. Most excellent build scheme, too.
Looks like your wagon build is as sincere as your guitar builds.
Looking forward to adopting myself your great attitude about limited funds; to give yourself time to do it right. Great attitude; but I don't think, from your guitar sculpting, that you have it in your being to schlock anything.
Again- great attitude. Your determination to have fun en route is contagious.

Now; let's have some more blues pickin' videos, Brick in the background, PLEASE?

Agreed. Most excellent build scheme, too.
Looks like your wagon build is as sincere as your guitar builds.
Looking forward to adopting myself your great attitude about limited funds; to give yourself time to do it right. Great attitude; but I don't think, from your guitar sculpting, that you have it in your being to schlock anything.
Again- great attitude. Your determination to have fun en route is contagious.

Now; let's have some more blues pickin' videos, Brick in the background, PLEASE?

Well there's no getting around it, the business eats 98% of my money and 105% of my time but atleast it's nice to come home and not work on a freaking guitar... listen to people argue about types of glue ect.

Instead I get to come here :rofl::rofl:

Removing the rear window is as simple as, kick, gently.

It's a push in rubber seal. Press outward gently and evenly, have someone catch it before it goes smash though......

Sounds the same as a sedan rear window then, which is indeed stupid easy.

I think you're a noob to many on here Doug...quite a few are unaware of your previous builds. lol

I also gotta say...I remember not THAT long ago...someone saying he hated coming home and having to work on the damn car, so it was time to try something different. Finally came full circle? Not a bad thing at all though! :-P

I am still a bit of a newb when it comes to windows, headliners and upholstery. Ill totally cop to that, if it can't be welded, bolted or screwed then I'm a little in the dark.

Doors are off, fenders off, crossmember is out. Getting close to 90% there I think. Ill wait for help on the glass and rear hatch (it's gutted) probably. Have maybe two hours of work under the car left.

Nice start! That sounds like a really nice combo for a quick/reliable DD. You going to seam weld that thing once it's blasted?

Nice start! That sounds like a really nice combo for a quick/reliable DD. You going to seam weld that thing once it's blasted?

I don't think I will. I know it sounds dumb but my welds will make it look like ass and I just honestly don't need to stiffen it up that much. I've already done that a couple of times, this one is just going to be a good straight line cruiser.

I mean I live in Sacramento, besides onramps there isn't much else to go around out here :rofl::rofl::rofl:

(in all honesty, if it handles as "good" as my c30 or v50 that's fine.)

Copy that. Seam welding a 240 might not be awful because of how thick the sheet metal is, but it can DEFINITELY turn into a nightmare where you are constantly burning holes in your car and trying to fix them. I've seen some good welders at the end of their rope trying to stitch a chassis!

Looking forward to seeing where this goes.

If you are interested in seam welding Doug, lemme know and I can ask a coworker. Give it's already stripped, he might be interested in it for not a lot of cash and he REALLY does nice work when it comes to welding on the body panels. Might take a few weeks or so as it's his side income, but I can ask if you want.

If you are interested in seam welding Doug, lemme know and I can ask a coworker. Give it's already stripped, he might be interested in it for not a lot of cash and he REALLY does nice work when it comes to welding on the body panels. Might take a few weeks or so as it's his side income, but I can ask if you want.

I appreciate that but even then, I don't really want to stitch weld it.

ETA on shipping out to paint?

Probably not for a year or so. I figure I have to do all the welding / cutting related fab work before I paint (this includes figuring out how to put a v50 rear seat in, sealing up all the holes in the engine bay, figuring out where the ecu and fuse block will go, motor related things ect).

I'm actually thinking hard of just doing most of the paint and body work myself. It's so hard (and expensive) and I have 4 years experience with 2k Urethanes, a full sized spray booth and a stubborn can do attitude. There really isn't much body work on the car, well enough in the range for me to feel comfortable doing most of it myself. I'm not shaving any trim so I can't **** that up! LOL

this is what my finishes generally look like:
152376182.jpg

I guess it'll give me a good excuse to buy a good hand held buffer. The guitar one isn't real effective (since it's a mounted pedestal LOL).

Back