• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Brians 242gt 6.0 lsx project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wat. The 302 is only a two bolt main and will split in half in applications nearing 500 horsepower. The LS engines laugh at you and beg for more at 500.

edit:// Car looks awesome.

Yep, If I remember correctly the record for a stock bottom end 5.3 is over 700rwhp. While 302's have an amazing amount of aftermarket support (heads, intakes etc..), as soon as you do a big HCI setup, the block is a ticking time bomb. The answer? A $2,000 dart block that still requires machining. No thanks.

Hope you're driving yours soon! I've been cruising mine around lately and it gets almost as many looks/raised eyebrows as the ratrod. And it's a blast to drive!

Yep, If I remember correctly the record for a stock bottom end 5.3 is over 700rwhp. While 302's have an amazing amount of aftermarket support (heads, intakes etc..), as soon as you do a big HCI setup, the block is a ticking time bomb. The answer? A $2,000 dart block that still requires machining. No thanks.

Hope you're driving yours soon! I've been cruising mine around lately and it gets almost as many looks/raised eyebrows as the ratrod. And it's a blast to drive!

still far to much snow / salt out there, but i drove it a few feet its FAST by my standards... i should have know it would be fast... the intake says so:lol: it makes me feel like i wasted alot of time with redblocks. because this is as fast or faster than any redblock i have had after years of tweeking thousands upon thousands spent constant little problems ect. i think i found what i was looking for. when i turn the key it sure sounds awsome!

still far to much snow / salt out there, but i drove it a few feet its FAST by my standards... i should have know it would be fast... the intake says so:lol: it makes me feel like i wasted alot of time with redblocks. because this is as fast or faster than any redblock i have had after years of tweeking thousands upon thousands spent constant little problems ect. i think i found what i was looking for. when i turn the key it sure sounds awsome!

Just don't get one of those 100+mph speeding tickets with it, or you'll be walking..............

yea but you never drove your 16v setup.

after years of tweeking thousands upon thousands spent constant little problems ect. i think i found what i was looking for. when i turn the key it sure sounds awsome!

This plus the fact I had an s10 v8 swap that was probably the most fun I've had on 2 legs has prompted my v8 decision.

Didn't the first one blow up before the break-in period was over?

It never blew but it developed a weird external headgasket coolant leak. Which caused one of the clyinders to gek hot enough for cylinder wall damage. Boost wasonly at 8 psi and it was never reved past 4500 during break in... it was dumb... so I got a new block had that all gone through. Decked bored ect and had the head skimmed. Had everything checked over by appleton crank. Put it together and sold it. Low and behold this hg leaks to but internaly... commetic this time.. I think it needs oem bolts instead of the rsi studs.

It never blew but it developed a weird external headgasket coolant leak. Which caused one of the clyinders to gek hot enough for cylinder wall damage. Boost wasonly at 8 psi and it was never reved past 4500 during break in... it was dumb... so I got a new block had that all gone through. Decked bored ect and had the head skimmed. Had everything checked over by appleton crank. Put it together and sold it. Low and behold this hg leaks to but internaly... commetic this time.. I think it needs oem bolts instead of the rsi studs.

yea, doesn't sound like you really ever got to drive the 16v. break in miles don't count

emot-colbert.gif

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TrfUEb44ohs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
what do you have planned for the exhaust system?

i will have the headers merge into a y pipe and then into my same 3" system i was running, it should sound nice with the magnaflow i have on there. its all straight through so it might need another muffler or somthing that will quiet it down a bit more. and yeah lol no turn signals no tails :lol: but that parking lot is right next door so i wasnt to worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back